Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tubeless rims, with tubes, snake bite puncture prone?
  • antigee

well 3 snakebite punctures in 1,1/2hrs today and none in the last few yrs OK so number 1 was a bit of ignorance in not clearing a tiny drop cleanly but after that standard peak rocky stuff and pressures not measured but not low low

running stans ztr flows with tubes as thought might go tubeless at somepoint (like twice today) with a nobby nic on the back are some rims more prone to snakebites? do i need to beef up from whatever i can find cheap tubes?

Northwind

Never had any bother on the few times I’ve run tubes in my flows…

Solution is pretty obvious tbh (and involves latex solution, ho ho)

dan1980
    Free Member

I found my nobby nick on the rear snakebited like a bar steward.
    Went back to kenda nevagals (Or whatever they’re called) and didn’t have a problem until I tore a hole in the middle of them 😳

I’m not using tubeless rims though, so I wonder if it’s just the tyre?

scaredypants

stans rims have quite low walls don’t they?
    I’d expect that to reduce the likelihood of a snakeite but I suppose it could allow more deformation of the tyre sidewall instead

NN are kack IME – is it new too ?

antigee

I found my nobby nick on the rear snakebited like a bar steward

NN are kack IME – is it new too ?

nobby nick on rear is newish – newer than the wheels but both really not seen much action as i’ve been riding road waiting for a knee op and recovery and any off road stuff has been easy going – fitted the nn for mud earlier in the winter and just left it on – would need to go look what was on before but was def always beefier as in weighty -think i have my answer thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless rims, with tubes, snake bite puncture prone?’ is closed to new replies.