Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tubeless repair kits.
  • Northwind

Yep- it’s not as convenient or as quick as most of the new types like dynaplug etc but then it’s very cheap. I was pretty impressed with how big a hole it can seal.

granny_ring

Ok cheers, the price difference to others made me wonder if that kit was ok.

towzer

Can get spare worms from flea bay (and elsewhere)

Search on

Tubeless puncture 1.5mm

(Or 3.5mm or 6mm), I find it best to have the range of sizes

aide

I have that very kit, not used it in anger but I did drill quite a few holes in an old tyre to practise on and it done the job

savoyad

Are the anchovies different (to just anchovies) in these kits with added rubber glue etc?

Or are these kits just anchovies+ ?

(I have one, and I still don’t know if I can just use the anchovies out and about!).

Rubber_Buccaneer

The main benefit I’ve found of using the glue is that it eases the insertion of larger anchovies.   All have lasted the remaining life of the tyre for me regardless of whether I used the glue

Northwind

granny_ring

Ok cheers, the price difference to others made me wonder if that kit was ok.

TBH I suspect it’s the same worms etc as in the Weldtite kit, just in a different box. Seems to perform just the same anyway.

The fancier methods are almost entirely about convenience and speed, and compactness- my Dynaplug’s tiny in comparison so I can carry it easily in a tiny pack or even a pocket if I wanted.

Speed and convenience can be a bigger deal than it sounds, since flats always happen at a bad time. Also I had a puncture a while back, heard it start to go, jumped off, stuck my finger on it, one-handed the dynaplug out of my bag and stuck it through before the tyre was even flat. I was riding again in just a minute or two. Up til then I thought the speed thing was mostly for racers but that made me think again. Mind you I might never get such a perfect run again, it was like an F1 pit stop.

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve used my Lifeline kit once and it worked perfectly.

granny_ring

@ Northwind 😂
    Bit annoying that I didn’t order the other day when I ordered some inner tubes….. Controversial… 😂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Thats a decent kit. Theres nothing to stop you pre-loading the barbed prong and putting a short cut section of garden hose over it to achieve a ‘quick fire’ plug dispenser for your pocket/bag.

Next level up is this:

Tyre repair

granny_ring

Cheers will look at that slug plug too 👍

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless repair kits.’ is closed to new replies.