Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless ready cx file tread?
  • ferrals
    Free Member

As above, any options beyond a bonty cx0? Am a paranoid android so would rather proper tubeless ready rather than a normal tyre. Clement las tubeless don’t seem available yet which is a shame as I’m a clement fanboi. Big sidewall slice in my Mxp this eve so taking the advantage to put a file tread on the rear until the mud comes. Need next day delivery too as racing Sunday.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What about a Schwalbe G-One? Not a file tread per se, but still pretty fast, grippy and tubeless.

ferrals
    Free Member

Cheers, how is the edge grip with no pronounced knobs?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Ferrals do you want to borrow a rear for Sunday? I’ve got a spare wheel set with grifo Xs tubs on?

ferrals
    Free Member

Cheers mate, ordered a bonty tyre next day delivery so should be fine.. The stupid thing is I have got a spare wheelset now – i just happened to leave it in Cardiff 😳

I patched up the slice and it seems to be holding so will see how it goes this eve, will be a bit reluctant to race on it though till I’ve hammered it a bit

BadlyWiredDog

I was going to suggest the Bonty CX0 – it’s not quite a file tread, but it gets noticably quicker after a few hundred miles when the centre tread flats off a bit. I’ve also run the non-TR version on Crest 29ers without issues, they’re slightly larger – 34 v 33 I think – and give a slightly suppler ride, possibly because the sidewalls are thinner and softer.

My experience of the Schwalbe G-One is that it has bugger all edge grip, but is very quick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless ready cx file tread?’ is closed to new replies.