Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless chat: Caffelatex Tubeless strips plus Stans sealant
  • hydrophil
    Free Member

Trying something new here as heard good things about the caffelatex tubeless strips (http://www.effettomariposa.eu/en/products/caffelatex-family/caffelatex-tubeless-strip/)

The website says “using sealants containing aggressive chemicals or ammonia can damage Caffélatex Strip”

I know Stans does have a small amount of ammonia in it – anyone ever had a problem with these strips and using Stans sealant together?

The caffelatex sealant doesnt get good reviews and I dont want to try it. as Stans works fine for me…I also think they are scaremongering here as of course, the caffelatex sealant works fine with their strips!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not used rim strips in years, 2 laps of stans tape and a valve works on all my wheels. Is there a need?

hydrophil
    Free Member

I think you are probably right – why change from something that works fine!?

Gotama
    Free Member

And strangely I find that caffelatex works far better at sealing than stans.

hydrophil
    Free Member

Ive read some mixed reviews about caffelatex though, unless theyve changed the formula – never had a problem with Stans latex myself

Yetiman
    Free Member

Ive read some mixed reviews about caffelatex though, unless theyve changed the formula – never had a problem with Stans latex myself

I don’t know if they’ve changed the formula but I’ve just gone back to Stans after trying Café Latex as it didn’t stay liquid in the tyre anywhere near as long as Stans did.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless chat: Caffelatex Tubeless strips plus Stans sealant’ is closed to new replies.