tubeless and what do i need ?

Home Forum Bike Forum tubeless and what do i need ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • tubeless and what do i need ?
  • chambo82

    Hi guys and girls, have got myself a set of 29er bonty tubeless ready wheels and bonty tubeless tyres but not quite sure what else I need to get, the rims have a tight tape like stuff round the rim so assuming that is for the tubeless part but not sure
    any help much appreciated

    Premier Icon ianwilly

    at the very least you will need some stans no tubes sealent, you may need the correct rim tape too, along with some valves. should tell you everything you need to know.


    You need the proper Bontager tubeless rim strip and a valve. The ones you mention, sound like standard rim strips. The Bonty tubeless ones fit really snugly and form the airtight seal you need on the rim side. Bung some sealant in, the Bonty super juice is fine, track pump and in mys experience, off you go. The wheels I got, rhythm comps, came with all the gibbons except the super juice.
    Not a bad system all in all, one of the better ones I have used.

    Mark N

    The tubeless liner was black plastic on mine, it may help to ID it. But as has been said the right tubeless rim strip rim, valve and some stans. No need to get UST tyres as a std tyre will work. Stans site has a list of those that have worked for them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘tubeless and what do i need ?’ is closed to new replies.