Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Tube and tool straps for frame
  • russyh
    Free Member

I have been looking at the race face stash strap lately, but can’t find anywhere with any stock, seems perfect for what I’m after (packless summer evening rides) I have also seen the backcountry motherload strap, but again out of stock. Anyone aware of any other strap style systems to attach a tube, basic tools co2 to a frame please? Or anywhere with stock of the stash strap?

Thanks in advance

cloudnine
    Free Member

Backcountry Research – Super 8 Top Tube Mount

russyh
    Free Member

Backcountry Research – Super 8 Top Tube Mount

Seems their whole range is out of stock as my op mentioned so is the muthaload…

kiwijohn

The Mutherload is very good. Can you order it dlrect?

russyh
    Free Member

No you can’t they are out of stock on backcountrys own website….kind of why I’m looking for alternatives really. None of the backcountry or Stash strap products are in stock anywhere, so wondered if there were other options?

rsvktm

I use Velcro, just get from e bay. Any width you fancy.

ratherbeintobago

Daft question but why not jersey pockets or saddle pack?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Saddle pack crap with droppers
    Jersey pockets means wearing a jersey with pockets and the bouncing around on a mtb is crap?

ratherbeintobago

Hadn’t thought of the first point due to 27.2 seatpost on my bike and resulting lack of dropper.

Can’t say I’ve had a problem with bouncing around.

fathomer

Mt. Zoom do one, on the xcracer website.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Length of velcro £4 from B&Q, not had any issues using that. 😀

russyh
    Free Member

Thing is Velcro won’t hold the co2, levers etc. I may have a go at making something myself.

As for jerseys etc, i don’t like having all that stuff bouncing away, plus I don’t use jereseys with pockets…. hence the strap idea works for me, just trying to find a neater solution to tape

Rickos
    Free Member

Google for velcro strap and buckle.

russyh
    Free Member

As above rickos, a Velcro strap won’t hold the tools etc securely like the stash straps. Else I would of spent a coupe of quid on one

cheers_drive

Assuming that you’re using a bottle then The Piggy by 76 Projects will designed to do what you’re looking for. The Piggy

househusband
    legend
    Free Member

Lezyene Road Caddy might be a goer with a dropper too:

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

The piggy looks like a spot on solution. I’ve often thought there is underutilised space below bottle cages. But £42.40, having a laugh!

russyh
    Free Member

The piggy thing is great but I don’t have space to fit it on my Jeffsy…

The weecog role looks great but I am really cautious with any kind of saddle mounted solution as if it in anyway contacts the dropper it’s going to likely cause a problem. Hence looking at the strap solutions.

brassneck

Thing is Velcro won’t hold the co2, levers etc. I may have a go at making something myself.

It does – or at least the super sticky stuff I steal from server cable management arms does.

legend
    Free Member

russyh – Member
    The weecog role looks great but I am really cautious with any kind of saddle mounted solution as if it in anyway contacts the dropper it’s going to likely cause a problem. Hence looking at the strap solutions.

If I remember I’ll swap the Road Caddy onto the mtb and get some photos. Think it might clear the dropper collar, but only one way to find out….

FOG

There is a very cheap-£3.50 – Decathlon seat bag that just attaches to saddle rails and works fine with both my bikes with droppers, no contact with moving parts.

russyh
    Free Member

Is it big enough for a tube, multi tools, levers and Co2? Fog?

russyh
    Free Member

legend – Member
    russyh – Member
    If I remember I’ll swap the Road Caddy onto the mtb and get some photos. Think it might clear the dropper collar, but only one way to find out….

Thanks would be interested to see

Simon

I sometimes use a Weecog slider on a bike with a Reverb it doesn’t cause any problems.
    My current solution for camelbak-less summer riding is a Dakine Hotlaps bum bag. Enough room for essential tools and I can squeeze in a lightweight pertex jacket if it looks like rain. It also has a sleeve for a water bottle.

FOG

Yep, I get a 29er tube, multi tool and levers in. Don’t use Co2 but I would think there is room.

SimonR

Bar Fly Hopper is a reasonable alternative to the Backcountry Research straps – sigmasport had some in stock

Rickos
    Free Member

Velcro strap WITH A BUCKLE will do what you need, but if you’ve now moved onto saddle bags, then have a look on Chain Reaction. There’s suitable bags from Dhb, Cube and Topeak on there. Mount on the saddle rails, don’t interfere with dropper post and can be had big enough for tube, multitool, etc. Mini pump on one of those bottle mount clips and away you go.

legend
    Free Member

Up:

Down:

There’s looks like even more room when in the flesh. They’re around £12 (off Amazon) iirc so think I’ll probably grab another

russyh
    Free Member

So will that fit a 29er tube, multitool, levers and co2 legend?

Thanks for the photos.

legend
    Free Member

Think you’d struggle with an mtb tube. At the moment it’s just got a road tube and a Topeak 21 multi tool, there’s a little room left but not much. I’m just thinking of getting a multi-tool, tubeless repair kit and a tyre boot in it

Couple of packing photos via teh Google

colournoise

Had issues with a WeeCog Slider at full compression with the seat down. Switched to an Alpkit Enduro Pod. Tube, CO2, multitool and levers. Fits nicely under my shock.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WJrSQ9]2017 07 16 bike 54 01[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What goes around comes around…

Surely it’s only a matter of time until…

russyh
    Free Member

I used to have a frame triangle bag back in the day on my first muddy fox. Used to call it a sandwich bag for some reason. Rubbish for storing stuff though really and it wouldn’t fit my GT with the triple triangle….

Anyway back to enduro straps etc

orangeboy
    Free Member

Cosmic trail lol now I feel old

Ive been useing the larger lezyne roll caddy thing and it’s clears my Spesh command post nicely

momo

Ortlieb mini pack, clips onto the saddle rails and doesn’t touch the seat post at all, I have the mounting brackets on both MTBs and just swap the pack between them. Plenty of space inside.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/T7DHBS]Tarn at Pines[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Leon
    Free Member

I like the look of that piggy, but what happens when you use the tube? Will the strap work if you’re just left with the tool and tyre levers I wonder?

snapperdan
    Free Member

I use one of these https://www.bigxtop.com/products/saddle-roll

l’ve had a few of the zip up saddle bags, which work with droppers and real world conditions have destroyed the zips pretty quickly….

Just ordered a mtb strap on for an inner and I’m pretty covered for most things with out a pack now..

astormatt
    Free Member
    astormatt
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Tube and tool straps for frame’ is closed to new replies.