Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Trying to support “the highstreet” but…
  • DT78
    Free Member

95% of our shopping is via amazon or tescos – most of the time I do not even check if things are ever so slightly fractionally cheaper via other retailers. You cant bet the ease. Who has the time to even go to the highstreet? Between full time work and two small boys there is barely time to ride my bike, let alone go for a wander round a high street looking for overpriced not in stock stuff

recent buys have been LR44 batteries and RC model light oil – I wouldn’t even know where to start with sourcing that from our highstreet. Amazon takes 5 mins, and will be in my porch when I get home from work….

DezB
    Free Member

Were the nine quid olives nice Dezzy?

Dunno, they were for my son. He loves em 🙂 Obviously I complained bitterly about the price to him!

Stoner
    Free Member

For **** sake. Just found these in the cupboard.
    Feel a right chump now

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll take them! Do you accept Paypal?

Stoner
    Free Member

£11 and they’re yours.

binners

…and can you deliver?

footflaps

Out of date potatoes, who do think you are, Sainsburys delivery service?

binners

If you’d left the mud on them, you could have doubled the price

Stoner
    Free Member

If you’d left the mud on them, you could have doubled the price

you jest, but I did indeed have to scrub the expensive high street ones last night.

DezB
    Free Member

I could get olives cheaper than those Jersey Royals. Morrisons “The Best” my arse.

Bunnyhop

Kerley – maybe I miss understood, or were you joking about butchers and bakers etc leaving a high st. were a good thing?

Stoner – you need to live up north. Our greengrocer is very reasonable, with very little packaging.

Our town survives because people are willing to queue up and pay for goods in local independent family run shops, where the quality is good and the service is top notch. Butcher often gives an extra here and there (oooh arrrh mother).

Bunnyhop

Just been into the greengrocer.
    Large bunch of asparagus £2.99. British but with a wraparound paper label.
    Slightly smaller bunch £1.99. British no label.

Guessing family of 4 2 smaller bunches would suffice.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Our town survives because people are willing to queue up and pay for goods in local independent family run shops, where the quality is good and the service is top notch. Butcher often gives an extra here and there (oooh arrrh mother).

Local shops for local people?

A butcher who gives selected customers the “Special Stuff”?

Say no more.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Trying to support “the highstreet” but…’ is closed to new replies.