Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trying to sell a 15mm wheelset… no takers; am I asking too much?
  • househusband
    Free Member

I'll start off by saying that this isn't a sales pitch; I honestly don't if I'm either asking too much – or if 15mm only wheels aren't popular/wanted.

They're the unridden wheels off my 2009 Giant Trance X3; WTB rims on Giant hubs (sealed cartridge bearings) with WTB freewheel – Q/R rear and 15mm only at the front.

How much should I be looking for selling these at?

br
    Free Member

If you set anywhere above 50% retail as a starting price, I for one won't even start bidding.

What did you start them at?

And based upon the experience of wheels on previous Giants, they're not a particularly quality item.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If they're not available retail, it will always be tough to gauge a price.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

As cynic-al says, they're OE so hard to gauge. Had them at £90 BIN or best offer, I'd accept £75. I was basing that on the cost of the rims alone, plus a bit for hubs and building.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Sounds fair enough.

GeForceJunky

I'd guess that generaly 15mm forks tend to be good, not cheap budget forks, so the kind of people looking to buy 15mm wheelsets are happy to buy some quality wheels to go with the forks, rather than some cheap giant hubs and wtb rims, even if they are not actually that bad. They are hardly quality brands.

br
    Free Member

No-name (or might as well be) hubs, average rims and unknown spokes… Too much to start, you need to just ebay them from £0.99.

househusband
    Free Member

Thanks all for your input; have relisted and started bidding at £0.99.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

sold mine on here for £110 posted

househusband
    Free Member

sold mine on here for £110 posted

I tried selling them on here (twice) for the same! No takers or interest.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Sold mine on ebay used but in mint condition with QR Squeerws (sp) and rotors with bolts for 60 posted if that helps. They not great and if they dont take up space would say hang onto them as they may get you out of trouble one day. Wish i had

Trekster

will they convert to QR?

househusband
    Free Member

will they convert to QR?

Probably, but I don't have the adapters and I wouldn't know where to start looking; think one problem with selling them has been this lack of flexibility.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trying to sell a 15mm wheelset… no takers; am I asking too much?’ is closed to new replies.