Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Truncated .fit File – Strava
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

just uploading to Strava and its only uploading the first 8km of my ride

spitting out the error

“Partially corrupted file, could be truncated”

not the end of the world of course, annoying though

anyone else had this, does it mean my Garmin is on its arse? it got very very wet/muddy on Friday during 6 hours into peaks, however this mornings ride upload was fine,

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Morning bump

njee20
    Free Member

Nah, happens now and again – you can edit the GPX file if you’re that bothered, try First Object XML Editor.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Nope, don’t understand a word of that 🙂

Opened the fit into a text file – all the times/hrm/power data are there but the file only uploads to 8km

As long as the garmin is fine then that’s ok – first time in over 10,000km with this 800

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah I had it happen two or three times on my 705, ever, it’s not common.

If you open the file First Object should point you to the problem – it’s almost certainly just a ‘data point’ that’s incomplete, you just need to either delete it, or add the requisite brackets etc, but if you’re not bothered then ignore it and carry on as normal!

philwarren11
    Free Member

Does it upload to Garmin ok? If it does export out of there the GPX file.

njee20
    Free Member

IME it’s when the file gets corrupted, so it won’t upload to anything, it’ll appear perfectly on the decide though.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

nah doesn’t upload to Garmin, not via Express, nor via a manual upload on the site, it just sits there “uploading” doesn’t upload anything though,

TrainingPeaks uploads it but only shows the 8.2km

there is this tool

http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl

but I’ve no idea what any of it does

njee20
    Free Member

If you are interested, read this. In laymans terms the file is comprised of a load of text parameters, bounded by parentheses, one for each “trackpoint” or sampling point. What usually happens (for whatever reason) is one or more of these get missed off from a specific point, so the file will then ignore everything after that error.

Bit like if you don’t close a quote off with a ] on here, it buggers the formatting of the whole post!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Truncated .fit File – Strava’ is closed to new replies.