• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Olly.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • True colours
  • oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Watching with interest the “New Tory” approach…

Its quite something, they have simply abandoned the Boris/Cameron smoke screen and gone full “Minford”

I know people are talking about one last “cash extraction” before the inevitable GE loss, i am not sure this is their intent? We have some of the most ideological right wing individuals in Government we have ever seen and i get the impression they “believe”

Going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

chewkw
    Free Member

We have some of the most ideological right wing individuals in Government we have ever seen and i get the impression they “believe”

You called that right wing?

RustySpanner

*sigh*

I thought I was too old for throwing bricks.
    I genuinely thought that we might advance as a society.
    However, it would appear that reason isn’t working.

I’d be happy to participate in violent retribution against the current government.

jimmy

the inevitable GE loss

Wanna bet? Reluctantly.

MoreCashThanDash

Wanna bet? Reluctantly.

Does pre suppose the existence of a viable and noticeably different alternative.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Actually i take back the next GE loss comment, most likely a hung Parliament

devash
    Free Member

Labour need to get behind electoral reform and move the UK towards proportional representation.

Democratic politics works best when diplomacy, negotiation, and collaboration are fostered. The winner takes all system we currently have has led to some awful choices by successive governments.

Having a system where 40% of the popular vote gives a party an 80 seat majority allowing them to push through legislation unchecked, disenfranchising 60% of the public, is not a sustainable system of governance.

Sandwich

Labour need to get behind electoral reform and move the UK towards proportional representation.

There appears to be a groundswell of support for this at constituency level and there may be a debate at the party conference if they can get the numbers. A lot of submissions for a motion on this. (I’m wracking my brain trying to remember where I saw this yesterday, possibly Twitter).

thecaptain
    Free Member

They are trying to destroy the govt. Not just their own current govt, but the theory and practice of there being a govt. They view the govt as the problem.

(Excepting, of course, the application of law and brute force to protect their privilege and wealth. This is perhaps the only legitimate role of the state, in their eyes.)

They are fascists in thought and deed.

binners

It looks like they really are pretending that everything from 1997 onwards never happened.

It seems that once again we’re the victims of collective wishful thinking.

Some people thought that she was just making the right noises to the senile old racist, hardline Brexiteer fruitcakes that constitute the Tory membership to get elected, then she’d tone it down once in power

It seems the reverse is true and she’s actually ratcheting up the hardline rhetoric. I mean: where the hell did the bankers bonus thing come from? What other little nuggets like that has she got lined up?

One thing I fully expect her to do is to trigger article 16 within weeks to start a full on trade war with the EU and keep her ERG backers happy.

Looks like Kwasi Kwartang is due to cut away the safety net yet further and create more reasons to ‘sanction’ people to stop their benefits.

Mrs Doubtfire was on Radio 4 this morning signalling that increased NHS budgets will be used to purchase services from private providers

They’re not ****ing about, are they? They’re going full scorched earth.

We’re going to be hankering for old lazy-bollocks, who couldn’t be arsed actually doing anything, within days

Olly
    Free Member

I Listened to Rob Lewellyn having a rant on his fully charged podcast last night.

JRM is the Environment minister. JRM has investments in (or does he even own?) fossil fuel companies. Fracking is back, though not in the home counties where the tories base is (and Kryten reported is actually the best location for fracking in the UK), but elsewhere up in the Labour towns.

Banker bonus cap is being lifted, because thats the one thing thats wrong in the city.

I think the real problem is that most people dont give a shit about anything outside their immediate bubble. What affects them and their immediate contacts, this year only.

eugh. Heads on Pikes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.