Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • TRP Spyre – bearing feels rough?
  • hollyboni
    Free Member

I just bought a set of brand new TRP Spyre brakes. As I first checked them I noticed that when I pull the arm with my hands the movement of it feels a bit notchy, not smooth, and it also makes a bit of noise. It feels like a worn out, or really bad quality bearing. I can kind of feel it at the lever too.

Is this normal or did I get a bad set?

It’s a Spyre-C, which is the OEM version according to the TRP website (I bought it because it’s all black).

I bought it straight from Taiwan on eBay, do you guys think that might be the source of my problem? 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sounds normal for Spyres TBH; once on the bike you won’t be able to tell.

You can take them apart and clean/regrease them easily enough if you want though

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Strip and grease smoothed mine out noticeably. They were bone dry new and quite notchy.

hollyboni
    Free Member

Thanks for the help everyone!

Yeah, the movement of the arm feels notchy, that’s the best word to describe it.

I don’t have the wheels yet so I only tried the brake with simply just a lever attached, with the disc in the arm probably moves so little that I won’t feel the notchiness, but I might still strip the brakes down and grease them so I sleep better at night.

So weird that the bearings come bone dry from the factory… ❓

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘TRP Spyre – bearing feels rough?’ is closed to new replies.