• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • TRP Parabox?
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Has anyone got or used the TRP Parabox brakes on a CX bike. My next CX will have discs but I’m not that keen on cable operated brakes.

wwaswas

personally, I’d either go with cable or wait until next year when the integrated shifter/hydraulic brake units start becoming available aftermarket.

Having said that, if you’re a regular crasher then keeping the expensive hydraulic bits away from the shifters might make economic sense.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use an old hope converter. Little sport style reservoirs sit under the bars. I really like them. Has there been any info on an integrated hydraulic brake/cable shifter?

Can’t help thinking they’ll do hydraulic/di2 first.

wwaswas

any info on an integrated hydraulic brake/cable shifter

Formula are producing one for Colnago.

SRAM have one in their Red group for 2013.

JoB
    Free Member

i had a go on a Parabox and it was great, true one-finger control and a wonderful world away from cable discs, need to have a go on the Hope V-Twin to compare

it’s going to be a year before someone brings out an integrated hydraulic unit, and if you want an hydraulic system now, or don’t want to be tied in to whatever manufacturer comes up with an integrated system first or the expense of buying a whole new box of bike parts then go for it

Sam

TRP parabox are very very good – if you can cope with the looks of the big box. From what I’ve heard the Formula ones are fairly cack – as nice as it would be to have the reservoir inside the lever body. I’m sure Shimano and Sram will have something before long.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘TRP Parabox?’ is closed to new replies.