Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Troy Lee Stage.. anyone borderline on size?
  • Premier Icon honourablegeorge

I seem to have a 59cm head which is between a medium and large… borrowed a medium for a 10 second try, seemed OK but tight on jaw and neck, which I think the thi ner pads would sort, not been able to try a large. Anyone else borderline o size? Where did you end up?

Premier Icon luket

I’m at the big end of big (63cm relatively long/oval head) and mine is pretty good. From what you say I think the difference between thicker and thinner cheek (and other?) pads should be enough if the fit is good otherwise. Can you try the thinner pads in the borrowed one? They come in the box.

But where on the neck is it a problem? Not sure how the pads would help there.

Premier Icon honourablegeorge

There’s a thinner neck roll included also, just right at the back of the neck I noticed it slightly. I oy borrowed one on the trail for a few seconds, didn’t have the pads to try.

Premier Icon crumpsbutts
    Free Member

My 56cm head puts me firmly in the middle of XS/S, however it was so tight on the crown I would get a headache after 5 minutes. M/L works well though, maybe a hair larger than needed.

There is very little ear lobe clearance unless you upsize; the catching on the cheekpads is pretty annoying. The jaw/neck area is a huge amount more adjustable using pads than the crown, so if you were using the large cheek/neck pads on the medium I wouldn’t rule out M/L size yet.

Premier Icon steamtb

I’m 58/59 and large is pretty good for me, although I have an odd shaped head 🙂 I bought the medium initially but it was too tight…

Premier Icon honourablegeorge

Thanks…. think that’s the info zone needed… L for me, just didn’t want to end up like the A2 with it being too big

Premier Icon dhrider
    Free Member

To be clear, the Stage helmet comes as

XS/ S
    M/L
    Xl/XXL

I’ve found Troy Lees sizing to be a bit odd.

My head is also about 59cm and I need:

Stage helmet – M/L with thinnest pads, a little tight getting it on / off but fine when on my head.
    Bigger size is loose even with the biggest pads

A1 – XL/XXL
    A2 – M/L
    A3 – M/L was tiny, XL/XXL far to big. Ended up back on an A2 instead.

Premier Icon steamtb

Sorry, as per the post above about TLD sizing, mine is an XL, I use all large pads except for the chin which I use the middle pad…

Definitely worth trying it on though, I thought the M/L would fit and I could barely get it on, you might be the opposite!

For reference my Fox Proframe is a large.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.