• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by golo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Troy Lee Designs 2014 A1 Helmet – light mounting options?
  • wallop

Anyone sorted theirs yet? I haven’t come up with a decent solution, and the nights be drawing in…

Del

joystick mount and hong kong phooey torch. 😎

wallop

How are you fixing the mount to the helmet – zip ties?

golo
    Free Member

I’m interested in just this question. Looking at the Gloworm X2 light because of its lightness and Velcro strap mount. I think the Exposure mount won’t work – the A1 has deep vents and all are off centre.

scruff
    Free Member

My Exposure fits fine in the central mounts, bolt isnt long enough for the sideey mounts. iirc Exposure do different size plastic bolts for £s, Im sure cheaper ones could be bought off ebay.

frackit
    Free Member

Got an Exposure mount on my A1 – seems to work just fine….

golo
    Free Member

Hi Scruff, Frackit where do you mount your lights? I was looking at the A1 in the shop and thought it looked challenging… Be grateful for your wisdom.

rickon
    Free Member

Ive got a Gloworm X2 mounted to mine on the front, fits on easy peasy with the provided mounts.

wallop

Do those who have made this work fancy posting a photo?

rickon
    Free Member

The light mount goes on top of the two front middle holes, the velcro passes through the two holes, and doubles back on itself. It’s proper easy, 2 minute job.

A Joystick is going to be easy too, just the standard helmet mount, pushed through one of the vents.

golo
    Free Member

Pleased to hear about the Gloworm.

@Wallop – I’m going back in to look at an A1 tomorrow and will take my Joystick to have a look.

scruff
    Free Member

Golo, my joystick goes in the top middle, id prefer it to be on the side out the way but the helmets too deep to get the mount through.

golo
    Free Member

Thanks for the answer. I had a feeling you might say that which was why the thread and the Gloworm are interesting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee Designs 2014 A1 Helmet – light mounting options?’ is closed to new replies.