Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Troy Lee D2 2014 or Giro Cipher?
  • soundb0y
    Free Member

Im looking to get my first full facer. None of the local shops to me seem to have anything decent in.

Just wandering if anyone has any experiences of these 2? Obviously im assuming its all just about fit? Giros usual helmets dont seem to get on with my head.

I cant afford to order both and send 1 back but obviously will not keep if it doesn’t feel right.

tomhoward

Troy lee every time.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Going on looks alone the D3, without a doubt. That new Giro looks turd, although it’s an improvement on the NASA styled Remedy.

Pick the one that fits though!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

do they still make the D2?

i prefer the look of a D2 to a D3 but the D3 is supposedly much safer.

Speeder

D2 it’s a classic and probably still the best looking lid available. It’ll be safe enough and though it is likely the Giro is a better helmet it looks pony.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Cheers guys Ill get a d2 ordered now then!

D3 out of my price range.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member
    jamesfts
    Free Member

Get the D2 you wont be disappointed.

Please please please if you do get one, make sure you sort the peak out and run it as high as it’ll go. Nothing ruins the looks of a D2 like having the peak set low and flat.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Great price on that Air Strike. I can’t stand the look of them though so think I will go for the D2 Midnight Black II.

The red and white Delta 2013 and the Turbo grey 2014 look pretty nice. Does anyone know if there is much difference between the new and last years model?

soundb0y
    Free Member

Oh and noted on the peak!

jam-bo

still think the D2 Palmer is one of the best looking lids ever. can’t get them anymore it would seem…

jamesfts
    Free Member

Jam bo – you’re not wrong, one of the best looking lids ever, not to mention Palmer being an absolute LEGEND.

Coincidentally after replying to this thread I had one of my monthly searches for a D2 Palmer. If you find a supply let me know! Took me long enough to get hold of a Daredevil – dont think I’ll be as lucky with the Palmer.

Annoying a mate has one that he’s never worn…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee D2 2014 or Giro Cipher?’ is closed to new replies.