Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Troutelights hope vision 2 upgrade.
  • 3dvgirl
    Free Member

Hi i know the guy that runs this is often on hear, just to ask does any one know if he still does the upgrade for this, my lights are dead but the casing is fine so would be grate to make it work again. hassd any one on hear had it done?
    http://www.troutie.com/Blog/Entry/13

tomaso
    Free Member

Mine was the first he did and still going strong.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Don’t be so stupid, get yourself a solar storm x2 jobbie from eBay, £25, I brought two, so much brighter than my hope lights… 8)

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Don’t be so stupid, get yourself a solar storm x2 jobbie from eBay, £25, I brought two, so much brighter than my hope lights…

i dont want to put that junk on my bike.

wwaswas

i dont want to put that junk on my bike.

🙂

trout
    Free Member

Yes I am in the workshop today doing 5 of the vision 2 s
    so yes still doing them .

though you do need to know if the battery is still good as it then becomes quite expensive if a new one is needed .

tomaso
    Free Member

Oh bum, I did have one when I posted last night but it was on my bike when they were all taken in night. 🙁

The quality of the Hope lamp and Trout’s workmanship are loads better than the Chinese stuff – you get what you pay for :mrgreen: Although not if you are thieves etc…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve got a Trout’d set of V2s and they’re ace. The only problem is they can overheat and drop down to low-power, especially if you’re moving slowly and its warm. Never a problem in winter, but I’ve had a few situations which its been a pain. Trout – can the temp threshold be adjusted?

Oh, I’ve also got a set of Solarstom x2s (for £19) which I’m going to try as a comparison for a while. Long term plan is that the X2s are going to be my spare/loaner set. The Hopes will go on my helmet and I’ll be running my Exposure Revo on the MTB once the new bolt-thru dynamo hub turns up.

trout
    Free Member

ir_bandito
    yes the threshold can be adjusted easily by your self with a few clicks and presses.

But it is there to protect the leds and driver from overheat so I would not go above 70c ( I think it could be set at 50 or 60 early ones I set to 50 later to 60 )

though they can take some abuse as this Lib proves

got hot enough to boil beer and melted the lenses onto the leds but still kept working 🙂

Tomaso Bastids sorry to hear bout your loss can lend you a light if you have a bike to ride .

tomaso
    Free Member

Cheers Troutie

RestlessNative
    Free Member

While you are here do you still do ayup upgrades? I did email you a while back but did not hear back. Although I notice the ayup tradein upgrade is back on now too.

trout
    Free Member

Yes can do the Ayups no problem

swavis

An Ay-up upgrade is interesting. Mine are sadly lacking since I bought a solarstorm but the batteries are just fine and have been very reliable, I just fancied something a bit brighter and at £25 the X2 was a no brainer.

Will email you Trout 8)

andysredmini
    Free Member

Also while your here do you replace batteries in an exposure enduro? If so how much.

Andy

reggiegasket
    Free Member

trout,

How much is the Vision2 upgrade?

And how can I test if my battery is ‘good enough’ to use? Is there a ‘minimum’ charge time I could measure?

RestlessNative
    Free Member

ygm

I_Ache
    Free Member

Trout, can you do Exposure Joysticks? Mine isnt really bright enough for what I need it for now.

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve asked troutie in the past about swopping out a Race Maxx LED gubbins, it’s a git of a job and would cost a disproportionate amount to do apprently.

But batteries can be swopped out by mtbbatteries.

gamo
    Free Member

Trout is your email still the same? mailed you re my mini a few times recently.

trout
    Free Member

Hi Gavin

Just searched the emails was it this one in August

Hi Chris
    i was wondering if you can help, i loaned a mate my Mini and when he has had it he has burst the cable on my battery:( ( i have removed the extra sealing and can see where the cable has been damaged) so was wondering if you could replace the cable and then re dip the battery?
    Also wondering if any of the newer led’s could be fitted to improve its output?
    Let me know what you can do and how much etc.

Just put in an order for some XPG-S2 leds so will be able to upgrade it in a couple of weeks
    and should be able to do the battery at the same time though be careful to label the package up properly with a Li ion label like this one with your phone number on

Reggie
    if your battery is still giving you good runtimes then it should be good for the new leds and driver you may lose 20 mins on full after but lower powers will also be brighter than the stock on its full

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Troutie, Troutie.

Please post up beam shots of your dog walking torch.

trout
    Free Member

building is nearly 200 metres away 😀

Nonsense
    Free Member

Hey Troutie, are you able to fit a newer LED to a joystick? New baby means I can’t stretch to one of your lovely new helmet mounted lights at the moment.

swavis

Holy toot! That’s bright!! 😯

Can I get my ay-up’s like that please 😉 😆

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what did the aliens look like?

cultsdave
    Free Member

Do you do upgrades for the Hope Vision 4?
    Thanks

trout
    Free Member

Do you do upgrades for the Hope Vision 4?
    Thanks

Yes can do them no problem
    extra £15 over the V2 using its stock battery

or can make it a real monster and with a 15 volt battery an english lumen count of 3600 on full
    or chinese lumens 8000

pdw
    Free Member

The exchange rate has changed – 1500 UKL is now up to 5000 CNL so your 3600 lumen light would be flogged on eBay as a 12,000 lumen light 8)

cultsdave
    Free Member

or can make it a real monster and with a 15 volt battery an english lumen count of 3600 on full
    or chinese lumens 8000

How much would that cost? Is it worth it?

With just the standard upgrade how much brighter does it get?
    Do you get a warrenty with the upgrade?

Thanks

trout
    Free Member

Probably not worth the full monty as big battery and charger would add about £90

Cant say in actual numbers but its a big improvement
    yes I look after my workmanship and parts fitted
    cant warranty stock battery and charger

jedi

troutie converted my old hope light. wayyyyyyyy betterer now 🙂

cultsdave
    Free Member

yes I look after my workmanship and parts fitted
    cant warranty stock battery and charger

Sounds good. How do I go about getting it upgraded? How long does it take and how do you accept payment?

Thanks.

pedlad

Hi Trout – did those voltage readings I emailed you on Friday help deduce what’s going on with my spiders eyes? I’ll post you the correct bits today if you confirm. Cheers.

jimw
    Free Member

I have both V2 and ‘standard’ V4 upgrades, the V2 is subjectively brighter than a standard R4, the V4 is way brighter than it was. Had both for well over a year and have been utterly faultless, been soaked a few times and no leak issues, still on original Hope batteries. Very highly recommended

leeph
    Free Member

Trout – where do I send my light hope vision 2? Cannot see address on your website…..PayPal ok?

brokensoul
    Free Member

I bet poor Mr Trout’s kicking himself for turning up on this thread. . . . .
    But while you’re here, Mr Trout, can you do Lumicycle HID upgrades?

davedodd
    Free Member

Troutie,

How much would I be looking at to get 2 Hope Vision 4’s converted, and roughly how long would it take? Very interested in getting mine done.
    Thanks
    Dave

trout
    Free Member

Cultsdave , davedodd , Leeph
    Email me for payment details and address to send it to
    got a bit of a backlog at the moment for some strange reason 😯
    be about 1/3 days from me getting the lights to turn them around

Brokensoul
    yes the Hid can be done and used to be a popular housing for the diy ers

however it is quite a time taking conversion so making it a bit costly
    I can though do the bits in to some housings I have left over from the Dominator run which would make my job a lot easier and cheaper for you .
    Mail me for more details

dizcostix
    Free Member

Trout – hopefully you’ve still got time to look at DezB’s stella light?? I’ve got a L&M stella dual 400 begging for better leds! 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

pussywillow – Member
    Don’t be so stupid, get yourself a solar storm x2 jobbie from eBay, £25, I brought two, so much brighter than my hope lights…

bit of a mark up here

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Troutelights hope vision 2 upgrade.’ is closed to new replies.