Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Troute lights…talk to me.
  • johnnyboy666
    Free Member

As above, anyone got them? Specifically looking at the Liberator. Looks like it has a great spread for the handlebars but I can’t find any reviews of this specific light. Any owners out there fancy sharing their experiences and/or beam shots?

John

dantsw13

There are beam shots on the Troutie website, and also a link to a MTB mag article, I think. I have a Spider Eyes, and the quality is excellent, with a great battery.

tmb467
    Free Member

Mate of mine has one

Absolutely brilliant – and the way it’s built even allows for the light throw to be reflected behind the light, so when you turn you can actually see where you’re turning

Clever and really useful on technical stuff

pegglet
    Free Member

got one and its absolutely awesome..trouteyman tweaked mine up to 2500 real lumens. going to go well with the troutafied Hope R4 at 4000 lumens…..and theres still room on the bars for the Troute
    Dominator.

robhughes
    Free Member

Love my Liberator.A superb light.Even better with that on the bars and the mini trout upon my bonce.. 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Trout’s Lumen Liberator is probably the best MTB light out there. A bold statement I know, but given it’s ridiculously broad beam pattern, that lights from right in front of your front tyre to as far as you need to see and is also a very broad beam pattern. You pay for the privilege of course, but then you will do with many other makes too. I’ve used many of the expensive lights out there on the market, and for offroad use, none can quite match the Liberator’s beam pattern IMO. The Exposure Six Pack for instance, is very good, and very bright, but can’t match the Liberator.

Of course, for road use, the opposite is true really. The Liberator has too broad a beam pattern, which could be a distraction to cars. Something with a narrower, more intense, beam pattern would be better suited for on road riding.

Click here and scroll almost to the bottom for a beam pattern and a few words on it from torchy…

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

So everyone likes them then! Well i thought at £200 it seemed pretty reasonable for it’s performance. I was looking at saving a few pennys and getting the small battery for it/ 1:45 on high should be ok for me.

John

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Brilliant light and probably the brightest and most reliable light on the local Keswick tuesday night ride,very well made and thought out, cant fault it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yep I’ve got a liberator. Had it a couple of years, fantastic light.

grtdkad

JohhnyBoy, buy a Liberator off Troutie. You won’t be disappointed. (I have two).

Re the batteries I have a regular battery plus an enduro version which is more bulky. I reckon it makes sense to go for the regular battery and if you start doing the occasional longer night ride (or 12/24 hr event) then just buy a second battery.

shredder
    Free Member

Had mine a couple of weeks now replaced a Maxx D.
    Its superb with such a useable light spread all the way from the front wheel.

coatesy
    Free Member

A mate’s got a Liberator, so impressed that I bought a Dominator based on how good it was (and to out-lumen him too). Both are pretty awesome lights, i’m well happy with mine, and very happy with the service i’ve received too.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

mboy – Member

Trout’s Lumen Liberator is probably the best MTB light out there

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Looks like I’m going to need to look down that back of the sofa for a spare £200 quid. Anyone want to buy a Thudbuster to help fund me? 🙂

John

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I wanted one but went for the gloworm X1 and X2 setup as Troutie was in some sort of disillusioned state where he was more interested in making beer than doing anything with lights or answering sales enquiries or fixing his website so I could see details of the new liberator and order one.

So I decided that even if I managed to get one that I couldn’t cope with the potentially flaky support I might get if I had problems.

With the STW premium discount it brought the price of the X1/X2 combo closer to the liberator and it has the advantage of a bar light and a helmet light.

keithyr
    Free Member

ust a bit of feedback.

i have the darkness dominator on bars and liberator mini on helmet. Both are excellent products/quality. The DD is incredible and great output and good spread. The mini is perfect for helmt with lower output but slightly warmer light output which is perfect.

over a year after i bought them i broke the cable connector to the DD. Quick email to Troutie, sent the battery down and troutie fixed up another connector for minimal cost.

cant recommend them highly enough.

Keith.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Troute lights…talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.