Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • trousers like fox ranger 3L water “pant”
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

after some riding keks for the crappiest of the wet / cold / windy weather. don’t like water proof ‘over trousers’ to ride in, so the the fox ranger 3L water pant (trousers please) looked ideal. however the size that fits me doesn’t have enough room round the knees for pads to be comfortable underneath, and if i go up a size they are too baggy and will never stay up properly.

any recommendations for anything similar – ie and all in one solution and not a shell over normal riding trousers?

i use the defend trousers for most of the grim weather, so only for proper wet / full mud / windy usage

Have you had a look at the Decathlon ones?

Tracey
    colp

I find Fox weird with the sizing.
    I stitched a little fold into the waist by the fastener/ratchet thingy and they fit ok now

tall_martin

I have a pair of the fox defend fire, they are awesome below 5 degrees.

I have two choices braces or they end up far too low.

I found this out well into a ride so muddy there was no reasonable way to return them, so it’s been braces for two winters.

richardkennerley

I asked about this here

MTB pants for the tall and skinny

What I did was ignore all the recommendations and buy the decathlon ones at £40. Got a medium, they fit my waist but are only just long enough. Fit over big knee pads no problem. Not tried them on a ride yet though.

oldfart

Those Royal ones are under 30″ inside leg 😔

jimdubleyou

I use braces with mine.

razorrazoo

Agree on Fox’s weird sizing. I have to wear a 32 with Fox to stop the slipping down.  I’ve not been a 32 since leaving Uni. I find Royal even bigger.

filks

Fox sizing is strange. I stitched a fold into the waist to reduce it and use braces. Previous version fitted perfectly 🙄

jkomo

Braces always

peter1979
    Free Member

Which braces are people using? My 34 inch waist fox trousers are more like a 36.

luke0912
    Free Member

Anyone have a link for the decathlon trousers that are recommended as there seem to be a few different ones available on their website

Anyone have a link for the decathlon trousers that are recommended as there seem to be a few different ones available on their website

There you go. Decathlon winter trousers

Which braces are people using? My 34 inch waist fox trousers are more like a 36.

I bought some Montane 3 point braces and had loops sewn onto my fox trousers. They’re hook and loop adjustable so no metalwork, etc.

They work a treat if you can be bothered to get loops stitched in.

jimdubleyou

Which braces are people using?

Dakine, they have plastic clips, but I like the idea of getting loops sewn in.

richardkennerley

I got these ones….

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/all-mountain-mtb-bottoms/_/R-p-309674

Like I say, they’re just long enough in medium, would prefer another half inch on them really. I’m 6’2, would normally get 30 long or 30/34 trousers.

jimmy

Those Royal ones are under 30″ inside leg 😔

YESSSS! Finally! Thanks @Tracey for the link, short leg trousers at last.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

thanks @Tracey will give the royal ones a go

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.