Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Trooping the Colour…
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

wooh whoppit you managed to be rude at someone go have a satisfaction erection at your skillz

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

something you wanna say, Wopster?

😐 You got something against wops ? …….my dad was a quarter wop, which I guess makes me an eighth wop.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

*resists the urge to tell Elfin exactly where to go and what to do when he gets there*

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, leave him be, JY; it’s the only pleasure he gets, poor thing. 🙁

No go on, Foxy; give in to your urges…

Mikeypies
    Free Member

The Army is all about tradition and the regiment is central to it all. The trooping the colour (in history) is all about showing the regiments colours (flag to us ) and this is very important to the regiment . What you have to remember is that the Army is all about regiments and they fight for the regiment firstly and queen and country second.

If the tourists love it all the better we need the cash 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

hes warming up tomorrows sunday he off to church to be even more witty.
    Hope he youtube’s it

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The Army is all about tradition

Is it? Oh, cos I thought it was all about fighting and stuff.

Silly me! 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Is it? Oh, cos I thought it was all about fighting and stuff.

You can do so much better than this. Really.

aracer
    Free Member

Actually, when you look closely, this is about as good as it gets.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’re right, I can.

You can’t though. 😉

TtC: Outdated pointless ‘tradition’ much like most aspects of the Monarchy. Doesn’t serve society in any positive way, keeping hold of it. Time to get rid. No need to waste money on fancy uniforms and crap when soldiers in the field can’t even get kit that works properly….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Outdated pointless ‘tradition’ much like most aspects of the Monarchy.

You hate our British Way of Life and traditions, dontcha Elfin ?……..with your foreign ways 😐

Coyote
    Free Member

i don’t live in london so, like most national events, it doesn’t concern me.

+1

anokdale
    Free Member

As normal i will ignore the op comments as he loves the attention however state occasions such as trooping remain the envy of every other nation, even the usa cannot match the quality, precision, dignity and humility of a British State occasion and they have tried.Long may they continue.

bloodynora
    Free Member

I thought it was ace and so did my two boys. Stirring music, pageantry, colour, the Queen, Kate, bearskins, red tunics etc. Hats off to each and every one for a brilliant spectacle that two little boys and one grown up thoroughly enjoyed 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

even the usa cannot match the quality, precision, dignity and humility of a British State occasion and they have tried

😆

I was expecting a fair bit of nonsense in response to this thread, but this exceeds my expectations…

You hate our British Way of Life and traditions, dontcha Elfin ?……..with your foreign ways

Sez a mayn from Croydon!

You’re practically French…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was expecting a fair bit of nonsense in response to this thread,

Sure you were.

The Edinburgh defense still lives.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’re practically French…

Cheeky git – I am French.

…….only came over here ’cause I loves the Royal Family.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

I love you Ernie….

You doing another ride down your way soon then? I’m, thinking of a Capital Ring in a day ride. 78 miles, flat. Fancy it?

chewkw
    Free Member

Far more enjoyable to watch then those shite celebrities get me out of shite or X-factor Shite or Britain got talented shite or Camelot shite on channel 4 … generally better than so many shite out there.

But most importantly they cannot compare to Dear Leaders … like this … suckeerrrsss!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMLtkp4AFkc[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2wMyGwYsw&feature=related[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtn6QB7Nu4[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzP5qr-ZxHY&feature=related[/video]

Bow down you maggots! Dear Leaders step on you.

😈

TooTall
    Free Member

TtC: Outdated pointless ‘tradition’ much like most aspects of the Monarchy. Doesn’t serve society in any positive way, keeping hold of it. Time to get rid. No need to waste money on fancy uniforms and crap when soldiers in the field can’t even get kit that works properly….

Some people like a connection to the past and perhaps where they come from. Perhaps you don’t celebrate any festivals, religious occasions, high days or holiday. Many people do and some of them like that they came from some time that was before their own. If your way was undertaken, we’d have little in the way of culture, history or a sense of where we as a nation came from – quite bereft of many interesting things. Your comments on military equipment are slightly dated to say the least.

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheeky git – I am French.

Thought you were born and raised in Argentina, or was that just raised?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Amazing, Chewkw! Should I admire China and North Korea then? Cos they’ve got really impressive military parades…

If your way was undertaken, we’d have little in the way of culture, history or a sense of where we as a nation came from – quite bereft of many interesting things.

I was talking about scrapping the TtC, not destroying all culture. Typical over-reaction from the hard of thinking… 🙄

Such ‘traditional’ military parades are little more than an attempt to gloss over the reality of war. Shiny buttons not mud, blood and guts.

Why not have all those heroes who’ve lost limbs etc, in the parade? Y’know, those brave people who’ve sacrificed their mobility for Queen and Country?

Or maybe they’d look a bit ‘unsightly’, and scare the tourists?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thought you were born and raised in Argentina, or was that just raised?

Born in France, spent part of my childhood in France & Argentina – most in Sarf Landen.

I’m, thinking of a Capital Ring in a day ride. 78 miles, flat. Fancy it?

Going out now – I’ll get back to you.

donsimon
    Free Member

Vale.

anokdale
    Free Member

Many injured troops attend All state functions fred, the rememberence parade is for that reason. Fred, do some military service then comment about it, please do not assume anything about what you have no knowledge of, humility and respect not negativity and ignorance please.

chewkw
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Such ‘traditional’ military parades are little more than an attempt to gloss over the reality of war. Shiny buttons not mud, blood and guts.

No, no … they are meant to put maggots in their place. Crush them like jelly. Let their guts spill out like strawberry jam.

Why not have all those heroes who’ve lost limbs etc, in the parade? Y’know, those brave people who’ve sacrificed their mobility for Queen and Country?

They have all happily retired and shall never be forgotten … in the meantime the able bodied will step on those maggots.

Or maybe they’d look a bit ‘unsightly’, and scare the tourists?

Nothing “unsightly” of but able bodied is better at stepping on those maggots.

Elfinsafety – Member

Amazing, Chewkw! Should I admire China and North Korea then? Cos they’ve got really impressive military parades..

You should bow down then lay your body to be stepped on. All those who wish to gain independence from Dear Leader should be crushed like jelly … nuking is better.

😈

TooTall
    Free Member

Your logic did not appear to be specific to this – more a broadside against anything you did not give value to:

Outdated pointless ‘tradition’ much like most aspects of the Monarchy. Doesn’t serve society in any positive way, keeping hold of it. Time to get rid.

If you don’t mean to be so generic, don’t write such open statements.

Such ‘traditional’ military parades are little more than an attempt to gloss over the reality of war.

No they are not. They are parades with meaning that goes way back – your lack of knowledge gives rise to your bombastic statements.

Shiny buttons not mud, blood and guts.

It is not and never was a military reenactment – it is a parade. It is part of the military tradition. Other parades are available etc.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fred, do some military service

No thanks. I’m a bit old now anyway. Don’t think they’d have me. 😀

You speak of ‘humility’ in reference to the Monarchy? I suggest you go find out what the word actually means.

And you call me ‘ignorant’?

No they are not. They are parades with meaning that goes way back – your lack of knowledge gives rise to your bombastic statements.

Trooping regimental colours was something done so’s certain regiments could be recognised on a battlefield. No longer necessary as we have clever technology and that now. So, TtC is completely redundant.

Today’s military doesn’t fight in fancy uniforms with swords, does it? So, get rid. No need to continue wasting money. And don’t compare military parades with Culture please. Thanks.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

“Nothing “unsightly” of but able bodied is better at stepping on those maggots.”

chewkw…what the bloody hell are you posting about?
    If you can’t express yourself in a way that others can understand then you have no place here.

brakes
    Free Member

didn’t know that China had militarised cabin girls

Northwind

FoxyChick – Member

It’s futile to ask, even he doesn’t know. Still at least he’s not Woppit, he knows exactly what he’s saying and still does it, chewkw’s only like this because he got a railway spike through his brain *

(* or somesuch)

anokdale
    Free Member

Fred you must be unhappy with All the uk has to offer, maybe you would prefer to reside in syria or libya for example they would give you something to moan about and you would achieve the attention you crave.

chewkw
    Free Member

FoxyChick – Member

“Nothing “unsightly” of but able bodied is better at stepping on those maggots.”

If you can’t express yourself in a way that others can understand then you have no place here.

D’oh! Should sound like this instead ” … able-bodied is better at stepping on those maggots enemies and all those that opposed to be stepped on”. My apology to all those injured heroes who have been / were wounded/killed by the maggots.

brakes – Member

didn’t know that China had militarised cabin girls

Yes, nice looking “cabin” girls … good. Maggots to be stepped on by “cabin” girls. Maggots better lick those boots clean and say thank you.

trailmonkey

i personally enjoyed chewy’s post more than any others on here.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Chewkw’s posts make more sense than any others on here…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

chewkw…now I understand.

chewkw
    Free Member

FoxyChick – Member

chewkw…now I understand.

Insect maggots
    = Good, respect, love them as they clean up the world. OOhhh … look at them wiggling around in their thousands … ooohhh … 😛

Maggots the human form = to be stepped on, nuked, as fertiliser, spare parts, waste of space … they are infestation and parasitic. Step on them. 👿

john_drummer
    Free Member

Well they have to do something to make London worth visiting.

it takes a bit more than a bit of flag waving to get me to visit the place

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Elfin, today you jumped the shark, you let Woppit out manoeurve you and everyone saw it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but you are a bit spoiled, living in That Bratfud, JD! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Trooping the Colour…’ is closed to new replies.