Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Trooping the Colour…
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a complete and utter waste of time, effort and money. Surely one of the most pointless events ever held in this country.

Why persist in such stupidity? I mean, no-one even looks like they’re actually enjoying it, the music’s crap and it must be stressful for all those horses. Not kind.

Still, a very effective advert for the pointlessness and uselessness of the Monarchy I spose. All that gold and silver, when there are how many children living in poverty in this country?

Bring forth Madame La Guillotine….

ton

🙄

RustySpanner

Well, it’s not going to Troop itself now is it?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

FFS someone’s going to have someone’s eye out all those swords being waved about… 😯

flip
    Free Member

Well, it’s not going to Troop itself now is it?

Super lol 😛

TooTall
    Free Member

All of it ‘in your humble opinion’ of course.

You’d hate not being in the minority wouldn’t you? You’d have nothing to rage against.

grahamh
    Free Member

So you are suggesting that our Military totally forget it’s histroy then.

donsimon
    Free Member

Crowd looks tiny, so I guess you could be onto something.

emma82
    Free Member

I think it’s frigging hilarious and worth every penny, get to watch a load of chaps wandering around aimlessly (well, that’s how it looks to me sometimes), the anticipation of someone fainting or a horse flipping out or a trumpet sounding of f key :D. I’m desperate to see a streaker during it one year, and the Duke looks like a nob with that stupid hat on. I also love the queen, she’s ace. But, other than the above I also think it’s completely pointless and a waste of money.

brakes
    Free Member

it means I can tank along the embankment feeling sanctimonious weaving between all the people stuck in traffic because the roads are all closed off
    I guess tourists like it ❓

Mintman
    Free Member

What a complete and utter waste of time, effort and money. Surely one of the most pointless events ever held in this country.

Why persist in such stupidity? I mean, no-one even looks like they’re actually enjoying it, the music’s crap and it must be stressful for all those horses. Not kind.

Still, a very effective advert for the pointlessness and uselessness of the Monarchy I spose. All that gold and silver, when there are how many children living in poverty in this country?

Bring forth Madame La Guillotine….

What a completely enjoyable use of troops and resources currently not employed elsewhere. Surely one of the most interesting displays of nationality and pagentry in the country.

Its great to see such tradition last in a world of otherwise consant change. It’s impressive how despite the pride of being involved they remain straight-faced throughout and the horses remain as well trained as ever.

Still, a very effective advert for the tradition, Britain and the Monarchy I spose. All that gold and silver, being used rather than sitting around doing nothing.

trailmonkey

i don’t live in london so, like most national events, it doesn’t concern me.

Jamie
    Free Member

What a complete and utter waste of time, effort and money. Surely one of the most pointless events ever…..

Bit like most of your posts then.

ZING!

….oh and I know you’re probably only doing this to get a rise out some of our more trigger happy members, but hey ho.

TooTall
    Free Member

But, other than the above I also think it’s completely pointless and a waste of money.

I’m sure everyone involved has been cut to the quick by your harsh review of proceedings. I guess not everyone can appreciate the precision of the whole ceremony or the traditions it carries with it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You are wrong Jamie for my posts make benefit society and bring happiness and joy to the World. 🙂

And they don’t cost you anyfink.

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont see the point myself and no real interest in tbh. However it does to keep the knuckle draggers happy for an afternoon of flag wearing and chest beating.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

This would be much more meaningfull, eh “Fred”?

trailmonkey

interesting counter troll from woppers

is there a name for that move ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

PS: I thought the Duchess of Cambridge’s hat was VERY stylish…

Queen to King’s Bishop 4.

Junkyard
    Free Member

christ whoppit an a new level of insensitivity achieved there.
    You are like swiss tony but you can answer any post with a religious answer.

TooTall
    Free Member

However it does to keep the knuckle draggers happy for an afternoon of flag wearing and chest beating.

Pretty harsh to call tourists knuckle draggers. Or are you making some feeble link with something not related in any way?

ton

johnnie, i have never worn a flag t shirt in my life…….. 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

christ whoppit

Finally, I am revealed unto you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hello Woppit! How’s yer piles today? Not causing you too much grief I hope?

This would be much more meaningfull, eh “Fred”?

Well, I would try to explain it to you but I fear your narrow little mind wouldn’t be able to cope with such concepts. It is beyond your comprehension, but fear not; lots of other people are fortunately cleverer than you and can understand such things. Isn’t that nice?

Ooh look, Woppit’s about to lose and have to resort to childishness:

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not since you licked ’em out, honey.

aracer
    Free Member

Well they have to do something to make London worth visiting.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s got to be good for international tourism too, no?

emma82
    Free Member

I know TT, grown men will be sobbing in the corner and have changed their opinion immediately on reading my post. I’m just awesome I know, feel free to disagree with me if you like, I won’t judge you. Much.

I’m kinda with the mintman thinking on this one anyway, they are always impressive shows, I have no idea how those guys do it, I get confused turning around in my bedroom and to date I’ve never seen anyone faint or floop up. Shouty man is also always impressive and even the horses manage mostly to not poo for most of it 🙂

And before you take the time to retort TT, I’m really more of a blackadder/only fools and horses kinda gal than a britains got talent…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Slow edit, Fred.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What about Grand Designs, Emma?

Hang on; the horses have a military rank? Meaning lower ossifers have to salute them and obey the horses’ orders? 

😆

Weren’t it Caligula what promoted his horse to a general or something?

He slept with his close relatives too…

Junkyard
    Free Member

yep all tourist love our armed forces …why not see if we get peak volumes during the troop or not I will wager NO.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He’s SUCH a national treasure, Phil. They’re all lovely, and worth every penny.

brakes
    Free Member

christ whoppit

Finally, I am revealed unto you.

lolz

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why do you keep typing representative Northern Accenture, “Fred”? Aren’t you from somewhere ethnic in the East End or, er, something?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I love it. Although it’s a shame that Her Majesty can no longer ride side-saddle ……… it did make her look particularly “majestic” as the Commander-in-Chief of British Forces.

Don’t she look happy and glorious ? May she long to reign over us ….. gawd bless’er

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Aren’t you from somewhere ethnic in the East End or, er, something?

😕

Er, no. I was born in Hackney. I’m English. Sorry, is there something I’ve missed?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sorry, “effnik”, I mean to say…

Brave of ernie to keep the thread on track, there.

I’d do her…

ton

Ernie………we have more in common that you think.

i love the royals too.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sooo…

So far you’ve made reference to the fact I’m from a Muslim family, and that I’m not White.

something you wanna say, Wopster?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Poorly made fly.

Hook, Line. Sinker.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Trooping the Colour…’ is closed to new replies.