Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trolls are apparently just nasty people. Who'd have thunk it?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

Perhaps posting rights should only be unlocked if you pass a test 🙂
    Those lurkers are just plain wusses though.

piemonster

I thought all those questions that fella phoned me with was a bit odd.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes sorry I was just curious but WOW you really did that with them 😯

Wonder where surfmat and he who must not be mentioned would score

Ultimately, the allure of trolling may be too strong for sadists, who presumably have limited opportunities to express their sadistic interests in a socially-desirable manner.

So its official they are EVIL and must be killed

Surprised that 40% + just lurk

theotherjonv

Some of them are a little odd / bit of an acquired taste, but I haven’t met one yet that I’d describe as nasty

http://www.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Theres a difference between trolling and abuse which a lot of researchers and the public fail to get…..

The real life equivalent of a good trolling would be brasseye.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Saw this posted in another forum along with some research links. The link between trolling, iedeliberately creating discord in an otherwise functioning community and doing so for pleasure, carries a strong link sadism. A Sadist will find it much easier to gain pleasure from trolling anonymously than trying to do so in person.

Junkyard
    Free Member

EDIT: Must not feed the trolls they dont get normal rules as the link and posts demonstrate

footflaps

I’m pretty sure Stoner is just Trolling the trolls…..

Edukator
    Free Member

I now feel flattered.

pezza
    Free Member

Im a wussy lurker (most of the time)

samuri
    Free Member

Theres a difference between trolling and abuse which a lot of researchers and the public fail to get…..

Indeed.

CountZero

samuri – Member

Indeed.
    Quite.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trolls are apparently just nasty people. Who'd have thunk it?’ is closed to new replies.