Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 2,724 total)
  • Tripster ATR finally built up – lush!
  • the_lecht_rocks

cant wait for tomorrow – have i said that yet ?

cloudnine
    Free Member

This is doing me nut. I had £1500 put aside for a new CX bike, and despite £1800 being a steal, it’s just too far over budget.

Bum.

You wouldnt regret spending the extra. When you consider what the frameset alone normally sells at and what a great bike it is… its just a no brainer.

the_lecht_rocks

agreed – at £2400 its touch and go, but at £1809 it’s bloody ridiculously brilliantly fantastic value – i would have paid the £2400 but why bother when Freeborn will give it away ?

and not only that but Freeborns service is superb as is the delivery [nextday] and the quality of the packing !

#rollonSaturday 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrP

My LBS even managed to beat the freeborn price… And from ‘phone call’ to bike ownership was about 6 hours.. Can’t fault that service!

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

My LBS even managed to beat the freeborn price

*considers moving nearer to DrP*

bobster
    Free Member

cr500dom – I’m a touch under 5′ 8″, 29 inch inside leg and on a 51.

Bike getting out and about:

DrP

considers moving nearer to DrP

Though this has nothing to do with bike shops.. No? 😉

DrP

birdage

Hey bobster looks like your cycling the same paths I do, will give you shout out ATR style if I see you.

I’m running a community bike cafe called Bean Cycling in Lewes, on Sundays, corner of South Street. Free aeropress coffee for any ATR owners that pop in!

Jamie
    Free Member

Though this has nothing to do with bike shops.. No?

Of course not.

DrP

🙂

DrP

bobster
    Free Member

birdage *waves*

Looks like a Tripster ride out to Lewes is in order some Sunday 😀

DrP

Bobster… Is that cissbury ring in the first one?

DrP

bobster
    Free Member

DrP – Sure is

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Have you not met Bobster DrP? He’s one of the original Sussex-MTB crew

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Birdage, Bobster and I will pop over for a #ClubATR coffee some time soon…..

DrP

I don’t believe I have…….
    On the book of faces?

You guys fancy a ride Sunday am?

DrP

(By am…I mean 5am!)

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Tripster ATR by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Here’s one from last week as we’re all posting!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Going over to that paddle round the pier thing sunday, so no, unfortunately

You free next thursday daytime?

DrP

Off to legoland on Thursday!!
    Keep some energy for SDW on sat 😉

DrP

the_lecht_rocks

woke too early – like a kid at XMAS – time to go riding 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

If it’s anywhere like here, it’s going to be a wet one.

birdage

I’ll put the kettle on then!

timbur
    Free Member

Will you all stop it.
    I’ve got the coke can version and don’t need the Ti one but god do I want one.
    Maybe an early 40th to myself? Just need to find a sofa stuffed with cash :O(

the_lecht_rocks

superb – comfortable, quick and the crosswolfs not too bad on road ut great on offroad loose climg=bs ………

but……………….

why such high gearing !!!!! ????? !!!!!

the only fault – i’ll get a new 10spd cassette soometime i reckon – whT GEARING ARE YOU FOLKS RUNNING ?

somafunk

I think i’m running 11-28 on the rear and 36/46 on the front, seems to cope with pretty much anything.

Jamie
    Free Member

T GEARING ARE YOU FOLKS RUNNING ?

…it was at this point, TLR pressed the capslock key instead of a the ‘a’ key.

…oh, and as for gearing. I used to run 11-28 / 36-50 on my Croix De Fer, but I am in the flatlands.

the_lecht_rocks

lowest gear on mine appears to be 36/25 ; not quite low enough for NE Scotland and Forest commutes !

and the panaracer gravel king 28c’s are now fitted 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

30 miles and 3000ft on mine this morning, riding with a mate on his carbon bike. Glorious morning, no rain, the sun even tried to come out.

Gearing? 34/50 out front and an 11-28 at the back – regular Ultegra 6700 rear mech.

Timbur – I had the alloy one for a couple of years and loved it… but the ATR is a different class. Slightly different geometry, a lot lighter and faster and comfier and… just do it 🙂

birdage

Was 1 x 10 40 front and 11-36 back, just put on a compact up front so will see how it goes. 1 x 10 was working fine but thought it might be nice to try a bit more road speed.

the_lecht_rocks

yep – the comfort is in the frame – it rides beautifully, just like good Ti frames should.

a few tweaks needed, not much, i’m 182cm and the 57cm fits lie a glove [34″ inseam].

bobster
    Free Member

36/46 up front with 11-25 at the rear, can be a little difficult off road at times so might change to a 28.

birdage

Tim you know what you need to do. You only need one Jones! You’d be riding the ATR so much you wouldn’t have time for more than one anyway!

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

WOW!

I now understand what you mean by just taking this bike everywhere, it is seriously fun, picked it up today, really good service from Freeborn.

Just had a quick spin for the initial set-up, really glad i went for the 54, the 57 would definitely have been to long and upright.

First Ti bike, how does copter tape look on it and is it worth doing?

Off for a proper ride tomorrow.

DrP

First Ti bike, how does copter tape look on it and is it worth doing?

I was literally just googling this concept!!

Keeps eyes planted here fr a reply…

DrP

the_lecht_rocks

buzz – you got the same crap seatpost as me – i thought it was an FSA coming ???

hummerlicious
    Free Member

No need for copter tape, had Ti bikes for last 20 years and that’s certainly never been an issue, I suppose you might want to if you want to protect the decals but otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

As for the gearing the first thing I did was to ditch the cranks for some 105 as I hate those FSA ones! I’ve ended up with 32 / 46 and I swapped the rear cassette for an 11 – 28. The 105 rear mech wont take anything higher than that. It’s still a struggle on the steeper stuff but that’s more to do with me having weedy legs!

the_lecht_rocks

Blimey. I managed 10% today on 36/25 off-road, but it was brutal in places.
    Not sure what to do. Change the cassette, cranks, mech…….???

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’d swap the cassette for a 28 and see how you go, that’s the cheapest option to start with….

the_lecht_rocks

Agreed

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 2,724 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.