Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Triple to double and bash gear setup help.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve just (literally) removed my large outer ring on my chainset and replaced it with a Hope bash guard.

It is going on a new build, the gears have not been indexed yet, and i just wondered do i just follow the same setup as with a triple. As in do i do the rear mech first on the front small ring first then just move to the middle ring?

I know it’s probably a daft question but any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

khegs
    Free Member

Same as normal, as far as I am aware. Index on your biggest ring, then check in the granny & adjust as necessary.

& remember to wind in the front mech H-limit screw so it won’t overshift past the middle ring, of course, but you knew that, I’m sure

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I knew about the h limit thanks 🙂

Do I need to do anything to front shifter?

Thanks

khegs
    Free Member

You just need to decide whether you want the “spare” shift at the top or at the bottom. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter which you go for.

Leaving it at the top means it’s, theoretically, less hassle to switch back to a triple should you want to.

I’m assuming you aren’t using the new 10-speed shifters that have a switch to go from 3x to 2x operation. If you do there’s a switch on the underside, check this thread for details

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m using 2011 10spd SLX Shifters so ill take a look.

Cheers mate I really appreciate the help.

Superficial
    Free Member

It ‘should’ be even easier to set up the front mech. Set the position for the small sprocket with the Lo limit screw and the big sprocket with the hi limit. Then you can just mash the cable in any old how and it *should* all work fine.

Of course, it never does because front mechs are the work of the devil. Vive le 1×10!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’d love to go 1X10 but my legs simply won’t let me 🙁

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My 2011 Camber Expert is 10spd but according to the spec list it comes with a M772 9SPD rear mech. Is this right?

Surely it must come with a 10spd rear mech right?

Ignore, I’ve stripped it down its a 773

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Triple to double and bash gear setup help.’ is closed to new replies.