Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Trip to whistler
  • benbarlow21
    Free Member

Bear back, sounds great! I think I definately would get at least a bit of guiding. I really want to get I to some bigger DH stuff but I only have an enduro/trail bike so some advice and tips would be great!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

When you there?

_tom_
    Free Member

You could always rent a DH bike for a day or two to see how much different it is riding that in the park!

torihada
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    You could always rent a DH bike for a day or two to see how much different it is riding that in the park!

our group were talking about just this for next Whistler trip: take our enduro bikes for BC stuff and hire DH bikes for a couple of days in the park. there’s plenty of hire choice in the village.

toons
    Free Member

Thanks. Bearback could u offer that as a package instead of park riding?

BearBack
    Free Member

Thanks. Bearback could u offer that as a package instead of park riding?

Absolutely, our guiding is determined by what guests want/need.

We spent almost 4 years applying for and obtaining government tenure that allows us to commercially guide the trails in Whistler away from the park. So the more we have the opportunity to use it, the happier we are about the significant cost of the investment.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Also check out http://www.ticket2ridebc.com, 2014 will be their 12 season providing XC, AM and DH guided holidays.

As far as bikes, it’s so cheap to take them on the plane, (cost is less than 1 days hire), it’s really down to how much you intend to ride a particular type of bike for. Last year I took 2 bikes, DH and 6″ AM, this year I’m going to take a DH and 5″ AM bike for the Valley trails et al.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Trip to whistler’ is closed to new replies.