Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trim removal tools
  • z1ppy

Want to mess with my cars trim, & founds review for Tresalto Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit (5 piece), just the job, unless you want to buy from the UK. Can anyone recommend a reasonably decent kit? Tbh it’s a one off use but I don’t want a cheap set breaking mid use, & be force to reach for a screwdriver

joshvegas
    Free Member

I just use tyre levers. And fingers… Christ some of the edges are sharp!

trail_rat
    Free Member

I use the Sykes pickavent 5 piece set . You’ll see on eBay for about 15 quid.

Probably a rebrand of the many similar cheapo sets you see but I went with a. Name I trust in tools to ensure like you say I didn’t reach for the dirty old flathead to remove the trim

ceept

I’ve got a metal set (can’t remember what brand). They are fine for stripping trim you don’t care about, but very easy to scratch parts you want to keep immaculate. So I’d look for plastic ones.

phil5556

I should probably get a decent set, I use a pair of simple plastic double ended ones I’ve had for years and a credit card.

z1ppy

Cheers all!

jimmiboy
    Free Member

Bought a ten piece set on amazon for about a tenner they work perfectly

finishthat
    Free Member

there is plenty of choice, I have a Facom 5kit and a generic kit . they really help , but a basic understanding and bit of research are more important , knowing what hidden fastener you are dealing with , hidden screw fixings are not going to pop off with a bit of extra bumping, also worth getting some specific to your model or even generic kit of trim fixings , quite cheap and give you a chance to fix a snapped or lost fastener.

FuzzyWuzzy

I just bought a cheap kit off Amazon when I needed to remove my door trim, a couple of bits I needed to use a lot of force on and it was fine. Not currently available but I’m sure there’s a lot of clones still for sale: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PQHZ42P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trim removal tools’ is closed to new replies.