Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tricky bike storage
  • onandon
    Free Member

I need to find a solution that will allow a road bike to store flat against the ceiling of a garage. ( this is the ONLY option )

Any sort of hydraulic or cable system available?

legend
    Free Member
    onandon
    Free Member

Saw that one already. The ceiling is about 11 foot high so not Ideal but workable.

joebristol

I don’t need one of those, but I’d like one, just because.

duncancallum

Sell it and mtfu?

timber

11 foot ceiling? You need a MEWP just to get it up there. What needs 11 foot of clearance underneath it?

Lots of pulleys and cord comes to mind.

andyl
    Free Member

why do you need to store it flat if its 11 foot high?

Would something like this not be sufficient? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GXZHLLW/ref=asc_df_B00GXZHLLW57054981/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B00GXZHLLW&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309841504011&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2180350453061709169&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006567&hvtargid=pla-557168903925&th=1&psc=1

Andy

Not difficult to set up a tray with 4 pulleys on the ceiling  and ropes to each corner all leading to a single counterweight against a wall. Easy to fabricate in a day.

mark90
    Free Member

Two hooks for the wheels to hang it upside down then a pulley attached to the top tube to swing it up horizontal.

towzer

Could you get 3 of those plastic coated .? Shaped screw in hooks

screw 2 In so that you can hang bike upside down off wheels, then screw 3rd in {or a pulley} so that when you lift bike up parallel to roof you could catch top tube on 3rd hook

onandon
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to make something. I want to buy a system that will work every time without issue.

And it absolutely has to be stored flat

takisawa2

Dig out the floor in a bike shape.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Buy a https://www.monstershop.co.uk/clothing-airer-ceiling-pulleys

Velcro strap/clamp/bungee the bike onto that and Robert is a sibling of yr mother.

If you want to spend double then this:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tricky bike storage’ is closed to new replies.