Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Triathlon for kids
  • anagallis_arvensis

My son who is 9 in a month or 2 has just announced he wants to do a triathlon anyone got any tips. I have seen there’s one in Henley next summer which is near us. Anyone got any tips on how to get started. I cant run and am not a great swimmer so cant really get involved myself.

Kryton57

Just shove him in there.  Tristart is a learning curve for all the kids and the organisers take that into account.  As with any new sport dont buy any of the kit until hes settled into a few.

I think the biggest thing you could teach is the transition process and rule to avoid a big muddle and tears.

Then, enjoy it.   Its fun for them and coffee and cake for you.

anagallis_arvensis

That seems like what I thought. He can use the bike he’s got etc. There’s a local club but you need to be on a waiting list for years before to get in, I might look up some duathlons first and build up to the triathlon next summer.

Kryton57

Well, you could but don’t need to.  The Tristart/Tristar one courses are very short.   But you’re right, a working bike, swimming shorts and some shoes he can run in is all you need.

Likewise with the club, we’ve just been entering our son as an Indy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Triathlon for kids’ is closed to new replies.