Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • triathlon Emma Hall
  • onehundredthidiot

She’s acting as a “domestique” in the lead group well ahead of main gbmedal contender. Is she breaking the oft quoted Olympic spirit by not working and allowing the race to come back together?

Edit not Emma Lucy oops.

aP
    Free Member

I don’t know, but they look like they’re on a Kingston Wheelers’ club run out there.

restless
    Free Member

If she is faster than the teammate she is supposed to be helping to speed up, then why can’t she just go for it herself and try to win it herself?

I don’t understand 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

The split happened in the swim when she led out the wrong girl in the green hat and black wetsuit. 😕

aP
    Free Member

They’re not good adverts for triathlon cycling are they?

eemy
    Free Member

If they all had to wear wetsuits for the swim, why did some of them still wear swimming cossies underneath when it looks like they are all falling off the bikes on the same corner and sliding along the road on bare flesh. It’s horible.

IanMunro
    Free Member

ap, I was just about to post that triathlets are living up to their cycling skillz reputation, but you beat me to it 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Lucy Hall?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

apparently she cant run to save herself…..

its all grouping up now anyway

onehundredthidiot

To avoid confusion we’ll use ms hall 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

If she is faster than the teammate she is supposed to be helping to speed up, then why can’t she just go for it herself and try to win it herself?
    I don’t understand

Winning in triathlon at that level is all about run speed. Jenkins has the best run and therefore the best chance of winning if she is anywhere near the front group coming off the bike. So the team set up to get her there.

Same in the men’s, there are blokes in the team to do bike domestique duties for the brownlee brothers. The domestiques have focused their training on the swim and bike for this reason. The Brownlees are far and away the best male Olympic distance triathletes in the world, so it is more of a no brainer in the men’s than the women to set up like this. Men’s will probably end up a shoot out between the Brownlees and the Spanish bloke Gomez

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

She’s a Miss.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Interesting question. Another team sport with individual medals? Wondered with the men’s road race whether it would be a better race if they actually made it a proper team sport with medals for the team based on the winner, rather than just the winner.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

She is a good triathlete, but not strong enough to be a winner. But she is rel good at swim and bike. So took decision to leave out better overall triathletes to use her pace in swim and bike to help Helen J. Simple if controversial.

Not sure if they are swim suits or merely high cut tri suits. I would be surprised if they were the former without any padding.

One of the worst sights in triathlon is following blokes (not drafting!) wearing speedos on the bike leg!!!!

They need to put some sand or something on that greasy bend.

(edit: officially it certainly is not a team sport!)

restless
    Free Member

Now i understand :mrgreen:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My little Olympic claim to fame is that Andrea Hewitt (NZ) was swimming at the lake I go to this Monday.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Why have they all put sunglasses on for the run?

willej

I’d have sunnies on, looks quite “squinty”.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sponsorship?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Very squinty out there, gutted for Helen Jenkins and we still don’t know who won .. photo finish! Rumours on twitter that Jenkins has an injury but who knows, 5th heart breaking.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Wow she’s mentioned the injury think how she would’ve been if fully fit! Gutted for her

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m watching a few minutes behind… what a race… who won?

onehundredthidiot

Tough on the swede, closer enough for joint gold I’d say. Jenkins is a machine if that’s her with an injury.

NZCol

Who won’t that ? I was busy getting hot and sweaty over Jess Enniss !

brakes
    Free Member

rubbish, they should get a joint silver

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Spirig got gold

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘triathlon Emma Hall’ is closed to new replies.