• This topic has 22 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by escrs.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Tri-Sport_Resort on Ebay, anyone used?
  • bonobo
    Free Member

So I was browsing through the Tri-Sport_Resort ebay listings, they are the outlet for Wiggle and CRC returns, when this listing caught my eye, item number 163903488701

It’s a distinctive looking Pike fork.

It caught my eye because they have already sold it TWICE before.

Item numbers : 153620054331 and 163878778524

Has anyone bought from them before because I’m pretty cautious now?

stevie750

Bought some fox 34’s from them. No issues

weeksy

Yup, same as him. Exactly same.

No issues

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    johnny

I bought an immaculate set of brand new, Boxxer red Lyriks in the spring from them, which had been seconded as it had a mark on the steerer. Whoever does the descriptions is pretty minimal, so I suspect they are just reusing old advert pics/format to sell multiples of ex demo/returned/seconded stock.

bonobo
    Free Member

@Johnny, maybe, but it specifically says that the photos (apart from the first one) are of the actual item and the photos in all 3 listings show a fork with the same serial number.

It’s good to hear people have been ok buying from them. I see they also do 30 day returns so it should be safe enough?

johnny

Ah, fair enough- I’d not clicked through to check closely. I’d say it’s worth a punt, you can always ask them if it’s a set of fork which have been returned before?

jonnyboi

I’ve bought from them a few times, a couple of things to consider.

1. They are a very popular seller, and prices are usually higher than average eBay, especially on Sunday evenings.

2. They relist high value items fairly frequently, obviously due to non paying bidders and possibly linked to (1) above

breatheeasy
    Free Member

As a pukka company they still have to offer returns and the like, so it feels like people are using them as a shop and ordering, then returning if they find them cheaper etc.

I’ve had no problems with them, they often (to me anyway) tend to err on the side of caution when describing things so I got a very nice set of Ultegra shifters for a decent price and they were basically brand new with unused cables.

tmass91
    Free Member

Yes. Bought a bike from them. It was a 2018 Mega. Turned out to be Doddys from GMBN! Described as fully working in good used condition but when it arrived the read mech was bent. After an email and within 2 days they had refunded me £100 to get a new one. Brilliant customer service in my case.

dirkpitt74

Yeah had loads of stuff off them – frames, wheels, clothes etc. all good.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve had some mixed experiences but they’ve usually sorted things out.

Bought some prime disc wheels where it looked like someone had ballsed up a bearing change and they refunded enough to sort it.

Also bought a full bike and they refunded enough to sort issues on that too (wrong wheels)

As above be aware you may end up paying more than from other sellers for something in worse condition.

bonobo
    Free Member

Ok, thanks all.

posiwev
    Free Member

is it not Wiggle / Chain Reaction’s returns etc…?

fooman

I’ve bought probably half a dozen Rockshox forks from them. They often have a whole load of one type, then a whole load of another so sometimes you can hang on for a cheaper auction. One didn’t match the picture – steerer was cut way short – so it went back for a refund.

stevextc
    Free Member

is it not Wiggle / Chain Reaction’s returns etc…?

Yes plus take-offs etc. especially for wheels and forks they seem to do batches.. then they have a run on mechs etc. where they for instance were direct mount and the end disguarded.

For the OP… this is probably the source of the forks. They often seem to pull 20 pairs off something. Forks often seem to be a pretty good buy. (Often going < used ) I got some unused 2016 Fox 36 (FIT4) for £140… don’t think there were any other bids on the last day and the auction ended at a silly time (not Sunday evening)…

Also as mentioned some stuff goes for stupid prices especially when you include P&P…

woodster

When they were less well known there’d always be a bargain to be had, but now there stuff seems to make incredibly high prices. I’ve had a bike and various components from them and I was always very happy with them, but not had anything recently.

fossy

Bought a dropper via Tri-sport about 3 years ago.

markoc1984

I’ve had some really good deals from them, especially through the winter months when there are fewer people bidding on items. All the items I have won have been brand new, some in boxes, some not.

During busy times I see lots of items I’m watching going for silly prices, more than you will normally find on ebay, and sometimes more than you can get direct from CRC or Wiggle, which come with a warranty.

Recommend getting a sniper like Goofbid, then just set your maximum price and it will be automatically for you,

chakaping
    Free Member

Bought a few bits, all been fine.

Agree their stuff is now fetching very high prices unless it’s quite nichey.

Also, the volume of stuff they sell is staggering. Wonder what fraction of Wiggle/CRC’s total inventory it is.

branes

I just bought an EC90 straight bar from them. ‘Cosmetic damage’ it said – turns up with cracks where the stem had been over tightened. It’s going back with a recommendation that they bin it – quite surprised they would risk selling it TBH.

TimP
    Free Member

I’m awaiting some SID World Cups, but also got a dropper from them for £60. £40 less than list with no warranty seemed fair to me

bobbyeightfivethree
    Free Member

I have used them. I try not to.

They sold me a NS Bikes Djambo frame, sold as new.
    It arrived and the box had a big sticker on it that said “dented headtube”.
    I was hoping it was a old box that didn’t match the frame, sadly the frame was dented so had to send it back.

It was basically someone else’s damaged return that they were flogging as brand new.

The listings do not often match what turns up.
    148 boost but 142 turns up.
    11 speed shifter but 2 speed turns up etc

They just try to flog used broken stuff as new, then give you 10% refund when you talk with them.

I have had some good deals, like roam carbon wheels for £130 new but really like said above if you shop around you can buy the stuff with warranty for the same or a bit more money.

They also use Hermes, so a lot of the stuff turns up battered.

escrs
    Free Member

Tri sport resort has been Wiggle’s outlet for some time now

Word of warning though items bought on eBay via Tri sport resort do not come with any warranty, they state in their terms and conditions on the auction page

4.4 There is no warranty given on any of our items.

I had this confirmed by the person responsible for the listings

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Tri-Sport_Resort on Ebay, anyone used?’ is closed to new replies.