• This topic has 27 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Trespasser trail Whistler – Into the Gnar, Yoann Barelli
  • ta11pau1

The one video where the camera doesn’t make it look flat.

I’m only at the first root ‘wall’, and holy ******** 😲

Mother of god.

joelowden

Mega impressive…large cojones and serious talent👍

timbog160

He’s doing some good vids – that trail looks like a flippin horror show!

CheesybeanZ

😮 the wheels on the bus

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Having ridden it (mostly with my eyes out on stalks) it’s certainly up there on the hardest trails I have had a go on.

Great video though – might have a pop again this summer at it!

sillyoldman

You gotta love Yoann!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

agree about videos flattening out the trail- this one still looks bonkers. On his other videos Yoann talks about line choices etc- with this one he advises not to ride it if your not comfortable with the qualifiers. Insane trail ridden by a loon! Great video and awesome rider.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

I just watched it thinking “how on earth did someone look at all that and think, you know what? I reckon we can put a bike trail through here!”

😮

superfli
    Free Member

Love these vids, he’s a bloody funny guy!
    Yes, I’m not sure if ride that lol! The first descent b line looked tough. Then he shows the a line, which looks vertical….! In those situations I honestly reckon it’s better not to look first and just follow the lemmings

matt_outandabout

Oh.
    My.
    Word.

toblerone1

That’s nuts! Very entertaining. Kept thinking ‘how the hell does he do that!’

chakaping
    Free Member

Oof, that is a bit on the mental side of steep.

kiwijohn

I like the look of that.

thorpedo

Have a look at the latest episode, especially the last couple of minutes. Flipping Heck 😳

big_scot_nanny

WOAAHH! Now THAT is a gap! Hilarious!

ta11pau1

I’d seen that gap in one of BCPOV’s videos, not ridden though.

Love the way Jackson looks over the jump at the end, cocks his head as if to say “You crazy fool!” 😀

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Insane! Great viewing.

joemmo
    Free Member

When looking at a death or glory jump :

“if you don’t feel like doing it, don’t do it”.

Strong advice.

I like these vids, good insight into how he views the trail and chooses a line. It’s relatable to even by someone with a little MTB experience but informed by tons more confidence, athleticism and range of skills.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Bummer.

tails
    Free Member

Yeah his vids are so good, just so enthusiastic to ride. It works not having super edited slick camera work. Great tip about letting the front brake do the work on really steep stuff. Also the motorbike noises are ace.

Also on a frickin trail bike.

twistedpencil

Gutted, really enjoying his videos, hopefully he’ll be doing some rehab edits and be back out there soon.

phinbob

As soon as I get off this stupid conference call I’m picking up some buddies and heading to Whistler.

Sufficient to say I won’t be riding this trail, but I’ll have a look and see if I can get near it on less ‘you’re gonna dieeeeee’ trails.

ta11pau1

Also on a frickin trail bike.

Not sure I’d call a 160/170mm travel 29er a ‘trail’ bike. 😉 Full on enduro machine, yes.

tails
    Free Member

Is it that much travel, I always mistake air shocks for trail use only.

tails
    Free Member

Just watched episode 5, yikes never ever ever. I’d struggle to walk that. I’m stealing “pick up my bikey”

He just loves it, I like the bits between sections, he’s got some serious skills riding at that speed on that terrain whilst singing wheels on the bus.

ta11pau1

Post-injury interview on pinkbike https://m.pinkbike.com/news/interview-yoann-barelli-on-his-first-major-injury.html

I don’t think his YouTube channel is going to be neglected 😁

He is quickly becoming one of my fav EWS riders.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

That trail reminds me of the black extension at Haldon forest

nickc

Whilst my local trails are nowhere near his, at one point last night I caught myself taking to myself ;

“you go ‘ere, and pap pap, pap”

Shame about his injury, always look for his results at EWS, one of my fav. riders. Infectious enthusiasm.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Trespasser trail Whistler – Into the Gnar, Yoann Barelli’ is closed to new replies.