Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Trek Remedy, who's got one, what size and what do you think?
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Looking at getting a Remedy, i’m 6’1″ and a bit with a 33″ inside leg. I tried a 18.5 virtual which felt short and am goig to try a 19.5. Only worry was the top tube was getting a little snug when just standing on the floor. If you ride a 19.5 how tall are you and how do you find it?

Also, what are they like for all day trips out?

BigJohn

I don’t know about the sizing but 2 mates have them and they’re brilliant for big days out. (Lakes, Peak etc. And little days on Cannock Chase etc.

They seem to go uphill and along the flat just like a regular bike, but fly down as you would expect.

thepodge
    Free Member

pants, I only just managed to pass you on Sunday, if you really do get a Remedy I’m going to have to get a bigger bike too…

what size Giant Reign for 5’10?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers Big John, looking to reduce the number of bikes i hve and like the Remedy alot.

I’m only after one Podge to keep up with you!! I put your speed down to your new tyre!!

toppers3933
    Free Member

have a 17.5″ 2009 remedy 7 and i dont really like it. cant put my finger on why. just never gelled with it. it is due to be sold and replaced in the not too distant future for precisely this reason. oh and im 6’1. preferred it to the 18.5 fuel that i had before it which was a much better bike imo.

hp_source

I hired one from Dales bike centre for a day out up there last year, got an 18.5″ one (I’m 5’10ish) it felt quite short for me too, and I normally ride a Trek Top Fuel in the same frame size.

MussEd
    Free Member

6ft 1in here and had a 19.5″ 2009. Sizing was perfect and I loved it. So why I then sold it still remains a mystery to me. Looking to go back to be honest, so might sell my Fuel EX and Session 88 to fund this…get one you wont regret it…

cakerider

Got a Remedy and have to say really like it.

Am about 5’11 and got 17.5″

MussEd
    Free Member

Oh forgot to say used mine for all sorts, from playing about in local woods, epics in the Borders and Highlands, trail centre loops and week in the Alps on DH courses. Excellent bike…

Nonsense
    Free Member

I bought a 2010 Remedy 7 in the sale just for the frame. Swapped all the bits over from my old bike and it’s flipping brilliant! I’m 6’1 and I went for the 19.5 which is just about right. If I were you I would try the next size up after that as well. Trek’s size up very small so you really wouldn’t want to go any smaller than the 19.5.

Pic and spec on this thread

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-new-do-everything-bike

br
    Free Member

6’2″ and demoed a carbon 19.5 in the Chilterns, size felt right.

I found the head angle a bit too steep, it climbed well though.

The bars are too narrow – easily fixed.

It came with the 2×10 transmission – really nice.

But tbh I was underwelmed, not really quicker than my HT on my local trails, but I’m sure on real rocky stuff it would be.

thepodge
    Free Member

I put it down to the washing up liquid

pires
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and have found the 17.5in frame perfect for singletrack and light freeride. I’d rate this bike’s gravity based ability over several DH frames I’ve had including a Gambler.

BTW the frame and fork are curently forsale in the classified.

snakebite
    Free Member

On my second remedy now, carbon one with coil lyriks. as BJ said, great for days out, peak/wales etc, climbs great without fork adjust and descends nicely as well. it is currently taking priority over my Sov…. :D. Described as a jack of all trades which sort of describes an average day out, some up, some flat, some down.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

im 6’1″ 33″ inside leg, Remedy in a 19.5 and its perfect for me, I did try the smaller frame but need the standard seatpost above the minimum insertion mark.

Its my only bike so has to do everything from quick blasts, to all day rides.

radiorog
    Free Member

I bought a remedy 2011 2 months ago. Did a lot of um and arring too about sizing. I tried an 18.5 (virtual) and felt it a bit short for when doing XC. I’m 6ft, with 32″ leg. I went for the 19.5 and it is perfect for me. Thought it might be too large, but it’s not at all. I guess it’s because the actual size is 18.5. It’s an amazing bike! I need wider handlebars but that’s easily remedied! (see what I did there!). Forks could also be meatier if you are planning to do large (8ft plus) drops.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy, who's got one, what size and what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.