• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by love.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Trek Remedy Sizing your thoughts
  • andyt28
    Free Member

I would be interested on views regarding sizing for a Trek Remedy and what size others ride.
    At 6′ tall It would appear I am in between two sizes
    19:5 Virtual 18:5 Actual
    18:5 Virtual 17:5 Actual

I have tried both and they both feel ok.

banks
    Free Member

185cm here & 18.5 virtual was spot on!!

wolfrider
    Free Member

I had the same issue between the 18.5 and the 17.5. I went for the slightly smaller size because I felt it would be more fun to throw around.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allmountainventure
    Free Member

5’11” and went for the 17. I like small bike tho.

love
    Free Member

the 19.5 one esp if using 50mm stem…they come up small…see original launch thing that Matt Letch wrote + speaking from experience (previous remedy 9 owner)
    atmo of course

amsterdan
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 11 ride a 19.5 virtual with a 50mm stem fits me fine and is super comfy on longer rides

andyt28
    Free Member

Thanks for replies looks like both sizes suit different riders and views

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

6′ on the nose, tried a 17.5″ actual and it felt weeny. Now on a Medium Pitch funnily enough..

love
    Free Member

best to try first…they are pretty short and standard stems are too long to be useful

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Having had one i would have to say 19.5″ is the right size for someone your size.
    Trek quote a 24″ vtt for that size however mine measured closer to 23.5″ which meant I had to run a long stem to be comfortable. Not sure where Trek get there measurements from but theirs were a mile out.
    Work out what VTT you have now and match it to the remedy.

jambon
    Free Member

I’d always go long bike/short stem if possible.

love
    Free Member

same experience as geordiepaul…measured up shorter than figures given in Trek literature 😕
    long bike + short stem IS way better than a setup where tt is too short and stem too long…as soon as you stand up your weight is too far over the front and it rides poorly.
    As for a small bike is chuckable…don’t get me started on that one! 😉

Vinnyc
    Free Member

I’m 5″10 and went for the 17.5

love
    Free Member

fantastic suspension BTW

davidxbrown
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ on a 19.5 and it feels short, the 50mm stem has now gone up to 60mm.

love
    Free Member

I was about to replace the 19.5″ I had for the biggest one 21″ I think it is…but didn’t, dislocated my choulder instead…

love
    Free Member

6’1″ btw with 34″ inside leg…used a 50mm stem with 750mm wide bars.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy Sizing your thoughts’ is closed to new replies.