Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Trek remedy or Yeti 575
  • Spice
    Free Member

Hi All

Looking for a little help on deciding between Trek Remedy alloy and Yeti 575 alloy build will probably be the same on both.
    My riding is trail centers, natural rides (peak district) and odd trip to Antur in wales for uplift.
    Dont need to look at other bikes as these are my options just looking for fore and against on these 2 specific bikes Like climbing ability etc. Appreciate sensible comments. Cheers

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Yeti 575 – more capable all rounder than the trek (although the trek fuel ex9 my mate has is a brilliant bike) but the 575 ha more travel and is just better !!

NUFF SAID!

I’m not at all biased!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

yeti /thread 😉

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Sorry, just realised, I thought u were talking about the trek fuel, I have no experience with the remedy, but did consider one for a while!!!! I still say go for the yeti

althepal

I only have a 575 so can’t comment on the trek. Love mine though.
    Great all rounder and brilliant on the downs.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Remedy. It’s a superb performer, looks amazing, climbs like a squirrel, descends like Felix Baumgartner, very little pedal bob, extremely capable, amazing, lovely etc etc. 160mm forks on front and you have a perfect enduro machine that copes with everything you might want to do on a bike.

Sugden
    Free Member

I’ve had 575 and done a few demo’s on both the Trek Fuel and Remedy. (Just for reference I moved from the Yeti to an Orange Five and have to say I’m much happier on the Orange. Always felt the yeti was a little twitchy)

Judging by the Antur comment you like your downs and while I enjoyed the Yeti downhill I wanted something a little more stable down and stiffer for climbing.

Simple comparison the yeti is a bit more lively than the Trek but the trek gave me a bit more confidence and climbs better in my opinion. Depends how you like your bike. Also the shock on the Trek just progresses through it’s travel in a smoother manner, the second chamber gives you a cushion on iffy landings.

They Yeti was a lovely bike though I really enjoyed mine over the year I had it, so please don’t be put off by my opinion.

I’m thinking about trying something new this year and looking at getting a Remedy or the Lapierre Spicy. Other things to look at are the Moji Ibis and the Santa Cruz Nomad. Not a definitive list but things to consider, then get drawn in many other directions from there.

Hope that helps.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

This has got to be the most drool-worthy bike I’ve seen in a while, Trek Slash

Taken from http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4997

andrewh
    Free Member

Not ridden either.
    However, I can say that Trek are lovely helpful people (even to non-customers like me, long story, nothing but praise for them) and friends with Treks have only have good experiences with them when things do go wrong.
    I am a Yeti customer and don’t rate the current importer at all with regards to helping out on warranty issues etc.
    On this basis I would choose the Trek. Quite high up the shortlist for my next bike!

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d go for a Remedy personally, think it falls between the 575 and SB66, what’s everyone else reckon? 😀

nashwaymule
    Free Member

Yeti I have one and am biased, based on the fact that once people have a Yeti they are alomst fanatical about staying with the brand. My 575 is a 2007 with many thousands of miles on it and once again will hit the alps this summer I can hang with the big boys most of the time and come home and pedal it round the Chilterns.
    I have not ridden a Remedy but did demo a Fuel a couple of years ago it pedalled very well and was very light but to me it was just a bit dull not that is ever did anything wrong. Also was not overly taken with the Bonty finishing kit on it.

honourablegeorge

575 is a long-travel XC bike. Remedy is a bit tougher.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Love my yeti asr5

Spice
    Free Member

Cool thanks for all the comments and advice, by the sounds of things I wouldn’t do badly with either but think it’s gonna be the Remedy. Cheers for the help.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Remedy all the way. Floating shock, ISCG, looks orsum.

Just feed it the gnarly stuff 😀

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Get the Yeti.

Despite what AndrewH tells you (and trust me, he will, on ANY thread that we come up in!) we’re decent guys, you’ll have no issue getting any genuine warranty covered and we sell amazing products. Oh and most importantly the 575 is a great, great bike.

As always whenever i post on here – any questions feel free to drop me a mail directly richie@silverfish-uk.com

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Yeti 575, but then its one of my favorite bikes.

In White please.

Never ridden one, just love the lines.

andrewh
    Free Member

Despite what AndrewH tells you (and trust me, he will, on ANY thread that we come up in!) we’re decent guys, you’ll have no issue getting any genuine warranty covered and we sell amazing products

Just sharing my experience, which is what the OP was after (and I am far from from alone in the ‘broken Yeti swingarm club’, I still believe that version is a flawed design) To be fair, when it is working it does ride very well.
    However, I also pop up to say that I have had great experiances with Marin, Magura, Cotic, Middleburn, Trek, and Wiggle, all above and beyond the call of duty and will recomend them whenever I get chance. I will avoid at all costs Pace and CRC.
    Lots of positives there, I’m not just being negative 😀
    I have 3 stories of Trek being very helpful (twice to me and once to my mate if the OP wants to hear good news about them? And as I said, I don’t even own a Trek, but will certainly consider one next time)

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Remedy awesome bike had 06 then 09 now 12 which is great better handling than the other too with 10mm less travel all excellent bikes just got better.Your love it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Trek remedy or Yeti 575’ is closed to new replies.