Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Trek Procaliber AL – can someone please help with cable routing?
  • DanW
    Free Member

Hi all,

I am having a complete brain fade trying to work out how on earth the rear gear cable is supposed to be routed on my Trek Procaliber AL frame.

At the headtube, there is a hole big enough to take the gear outer cable in to the frame, but where it exits the frame near the BB (the screw in black cable guide), it looks like it is designed for the inner cable to be inside the frame not the outer cable. At the BB it looks like the outer should start again and go all the way to the rear mech which is fine and makes sense.

I just can’t work out what should be inside the frame as there appear to be two different sized holes at either end.

Maybe I am missing an adapter to press in to the hole at the headtube to hold the outer cable and only have the inner cable running through the frame???

If someone has pictures of how the rear gear cable enters and exits the frame and if it it inner only or inner and outer that runs through the frame that would be really helpful.

Many thanks, DanW

DanW
    Free Member

Panic over, I’ve been a knobber and should have actually tried the hole at the headtube rather than just going “that looks too big… PANIC” 🤦‍♂️ Too much time in the sun trying to get this built has not done me any good

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Trek Procaliber AL – can someone please help with cable routing?’ is closed to new replies.