Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trek fuel EX8 or Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite ?
  • laughingontheinside
    Free Member

Anyone ridden both of these bikes ? I’ve had a demo of the Stumpjumper but can’t seem to get hold of a Trek. What’s your opinions ?

kennyp
    Free Member

I’d like to know too. I’m toying with the idea of the Trek.

dicky
    Free Member

I’m loving my new Trek EX, get a test ride on one if you can.

Mr_hoppy
    Free Member

I demo’d the fuel ex and was remarkably underwhelmed by it. Don’t get me wrong it was very good but I just found it a bit uninspiring, the stumpy just had a bit more to the ride.

I went for the stumpy in the end.

Chris

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Both fantastic, get whichever one you can get the best deal on.

Some people prefer one over the other but I’d be happy with either, you soon adjust your riding style for a new bike.

Punkass
    Free Member

You can find a schedule of Trek demo events here: Trek Demo Daze Schedule

gizzardman
    Free Member

There’s a guy selling an immaculate EX9 on here for a grand. Looks a bargain?

Pickers

Got an ’08 EX8, love it to bits.
    Get the shop to change the grips and tyres though, otherwise spot on.

Can’t speak for the Stumpy.

halfbee
    Free Member
    soulman

I’ve got an 09 EX8 and think it’s great, easily as good as ‘owt else I’ve owned. Tried a stumpy and wasn’t blown away, bb felt low as well, lots of pedal strikes, mind you that’s partly ‘cos I’m not very good :~)

warton
    Free Member

I’ve got a 08 EX9 and its great, tricky at first but you end up riding faster and faster with every ride, as someone said above, new tyres, grips and for me wider bars and you’ll be sorted

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trek fuel EX8 or Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite ?’ is closed to new replies.