Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trek fuel ex 9 27.5 v 29er
  • neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a new bike soon.i’m after a fastish xc/trail bike mainly for dalby with the odd trip to glentress or whinlatter.how does the 27.5 trek compare to the 29er? I like the speed of a 29er and the way they cover distance easier and could climb things on my last one that I can’t on smaller wheeled bikes but at 5’7 found it a bit of a handful sometimes when things got technical.Would the 27.5 fuel be much slower than the 29?

rsvktm

Test ride is your friend, what’s fast for some may not be for you. I can hammer round Dalby etc on a lightweight 100mm 29er but sometimes if I want to just want to enjoy it I take my 160mm 26er. Wheel size is only a very small part of it…
    If you are near Pickering there is a Trek Dealer there.

jimw
    Free Member

I have a friend who is very a similar height who is bl**dy quick on his EX 29er, He uses it for everything but trips to the Alps when he takes his 26″ wheeled Glory

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Cheers rsvktm I’ll be taking both for a demo as soon as I can.was up at big bear bikes in Pickering yesterday really great service from David they let me try a fuel ex 9.8 29 and a remedy 7 back to back in there car park for over an hour switching bikes over and over.decided I prefer the fuel over the remedy the 29 fuel felt pretty spot on and if the 27.5 felt anywhere near as fast as the 29 that would be great.

rsvktm

Glad they getting you sorted, didn’t want to say too much re the shop as both my wife and I race and Strava under the shops name.
    Didn’t want it to be an advertisement but knew they had plenty in and would be more than happy to let you car park play before a more ‘formal’ demo.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Definitely going to demo both if I can.i think alpine bikes at glentress might be getting some fuels in as part of their hire fleet soon it would be nice to try one there too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trek fuel ex 9 27.5 v 29er’ is closed to new replies.