Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • trek EX8 rear triangle technical drawing
  • luke.ellis
    Free Member

hi does anyone have a technical drawing for the rear triangle for the ex8. Specifically the components and order that they fit. Rear end is due all new bearings and i want to make sure i get things right.

Cheers

theotherjonv

To the OP – no. Can't you work it out as you take it apart, doesn't need to be accurate does it?

And where / how much was the bearing kit? Mine's booked in to be done, interested to find out how easy a home job is.

luke.ellis
    Free Member

thats the reason i want the technical drawing. i got one for the wheels which listed the bearing sizes required. so i was hoping they do a similar one for the rear triangle so i can go with a list of bearings to the supplier. Not keen on taking it to the LBS as the rear wheel which they did 2 months ago is already needing the bearings replacing. Im more keen to know the quality of the bearings that Im putting rather than the ones the LBS use.

Already got most of the back end apart but would like the reassurance of a drawing when tapping out bearings etc.

BigJohn

It would be better to ask for an LBS you can trust. Where are you?

Edit – most cartridge bearings have got their model number stamped on them (60002RS etc) and there are many different qualities of these standard bearings available.

luke.ellis
    Free Member

bradford

cookeaa

Have you tried contacting Trek UK?

BigJohn

Mmmmm Karachi.

I first went there in 1972 when a Mutton Chop Bhoona cost 25p and you could get extra gravy and chappatis. Mind you, you had to sign membership of the "Karachi Social Club", which didn't mean much to us in those days, because we didn't know what a taliban was.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘trek EX8 rear triangle technical drawing’ is closed to new replies.