Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Trek – Epic fail!, one annoyed customer
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Had a Gary Fisher X-Caliber 29er on back order for a few months. Was assured by my local dealer (not a Fisher dealer, but a large Trek dealer) that there was a new shipment of bikes in April and one was allocated to me. Been chasing as not heard a bean.

Called into the shop on my way home and they finally got some answers – apparently there was a cock up on Treks system and there was never any bikes so I've been left high and dry…

Local dealer very apologetic and said they will try and fins me an alternative – but there's not a lot they can do.

so – anyone know if there are any GF X-caliber bikes in stock anywhere? I'm led to believe that Chevin Cycles are in the same boat, having let 5 or 6 customers down in the same position as me.

Trekster

There is a 29er of some sorts here;
    http://www.ae7.co.uk/

M6TTF
    Free Member

Cheers for the link, but given that you have to pick up in store it's a little too far to travel from Cheshire!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SpokesCycles
    Free Member

You have to pick up all trek/fisher bikes in store.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Yup, that was my point, and I don't particularly want a full days round trip!

edhornby

it's not that far !!! if you've never ridden any of the 7stanes then it's well worth it. tent in back of car and couple of days riding 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

So you want a pretty unusual bike, with known low stock levels, close to Cheshire!?

A day's round trip doesn't really strike me as too bad frankly, go for a ride on it when you're up there! Or, stop moaning and choose sommat different!

cynic-al
    Free Member

So you're wanting to support trek after they've ****ed up?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I would make a trip if they had the right bike, but they don't . My point was that I'd been assured there was stock due and was happy to wait close to 2 months for it to arrive – only to be told it never existed. I could have been tracking down something else in that time.

Seems despite all the 29ers being ridden on here they're still niche and manufacturers won't commit decent stock levels to the UK

Travis

When I was younger I got a lift from Malvern to Swindon, then picked up my new bike (Total Fitness back in the days) then road it back home.

If it is something you really want, then a day out of the way is a very small price to pay. Or that it's just not that important enough

[edit] as above I'd put the tent on the car, and try something in the different part of the world whilst I was there too [edit]

remedyflyer
    Free Member

I think your find the 29er bubble has burst now.My local Trek dealer not sold one for ages now.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Probably becuse he cant get his hands on one for love nor money. 29ers are here to stay despite what you might think –

chameleon78
    Free Member

Seems like Trek have done you a favour now go and order a proper bike;) !!!

Drac

Seems despite all the 29ers being ridden on here they're still niche and manufacturers won't commit decent stock levels to the UK

Well seems sensible to me as there's not that many who ride them on here. Divide that by the few manfacturers that make them and it's a very narrow Market. Still no good for you I suppose.

njee20
    Free Member

We never sold one in the 9 years I worked in the shop!

TooTall
    Free Member

We never sold one in the 9 years I worked in the shop!

Yeah – the market has been awash with them as an alternative for years now hasn't it. 😐

sillyoldman

If you're after a medium, I've got a HiFi Pro 29er with full XTR that I'd sell for less than an X-Cal retails for. Any use?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

i have been working in the ae bike shop for a few weeks now. there is no 29er in the Ae bike shop for sale- we only had one in yesterday because it was in for a service. we would have the same problems as any other bike shop getting the stock in. but there must be a 29er sitting around somewhere that would be of use?

good luck!

willsimmons
    Free Member

Wait for the Anthem 29er?? Only 10 months away probably…..

29ers not niche in Leeds, 4 out of 6 riding buddies have one and I have two!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Cheers sillyoldman , but I'm a large 19" and it's hopefully going on c2w so would have to be new and close to a grand!

sillyoldman

No worries.

Good luck!

bennyboy
    Free Member

try the cyclery in Uppermill Saddleworth, Oldham. Ask for Steve and tell him what your after. I always have great service from there and they are a Trek / Fisher dealer. Tel 01457879955

M6TTF
    Free Member

tried them thanks mate – no stock in the shop, and that's the issue. No one carrying stock and nothing left with the distributor.

cheers anyway

tinsy
    Free Member

Is M6TTF your number plate?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Trek – Epic fail!, one annoyed customer’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts