Trek darkside rant – again

Home Forum Bike Forum Trek darkside rant – again

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Trek darkside rant – again
  • Cubed

I've had a rim on order since January 28th – 4 weeks waiting 4 weeks of promises – reassurances of priority delivery. What does it take??? A £50 quid rim – for gods sake how difficult is it? All i want to do is rebuild my bike and your stopping me!!!

Enjoy my letter guys and gals.

Dear XXXXX

I am assuming from your lack of recent response – that you can no longer explain why Coventry Cycle Centre is waiting for the rim which you assured me would be there two weeks ago. I also assume that the Trek reps assurance of priority delivery this week was a complete and utter lie?

I have believe that 4 weeks of promises and no delivery is unsatisfactory.

I am now more than deeply unsatisfied with your reassurances.

Can you please supply me with your managers details or a contact at Trek head office as i now want to escalate my complaint further.

I have also posted this on a number of websites in the hope that this time i get a response.

Regards

XXX

druidh

Get back to Coventry Cycles and ask them to get you sorted. It's their responsibility. I can't believe they've not offered you a replacement wheel in the interim.

Cubed

Coventry Cycles have been great – they have offered a replacement for the meantime. Think your missing the point. I want my wheel rebuilt and on my bike – not just a loaner.
    Rubbish service from Trek/ Bontrager and feel like i'm being fed a bunch of lies now.

druidh

All i want to do is rebuild my bike and your stopping me!!!

So – that bit is a lie?

finbar

It sounds like a bit of a pain, but honestly? It's not like you want to be riding your "good" wheels over winter/early spring anyway.

Cubed

No
    Why should i rebuild with borrowed parts and then have to adjust everything again? I get what your saying – but yet again druid way off the mark.

The point is bad service from Trek.

Shouldn't matter if its a Trek Top fuel or Race X Lite rim – in this day and age customer service is the be all and end all.

My customers wouldn't accept it – why should i?

trekcol

cubed, thanks for posting. I thought i had personally covered all the queries, but as you wish to make it public i thought i would add the

h

of the story. the rim was ordered in January. we at Trek explained to the store that this rim was being a troublesome issue for us and the wait would be 3-4 weeks at least. we offered another solution ( alower spec rim, that would work) but that was refused. In early March the rims were due in from the USA, this was delayed. I promised a date that passed (mid March) and when that date passed and you mailed me, all i could do was

s

, apologise again and chase up the ewarehouse that was shipping the rims to the UK. At the same time i also reduced the rrp of the rim from 45.00 to 10.00 to compensate for the poor delivery. the rim arrived with us this week, the warehouse booked the rim into our inventory and shipped the rim on a 24 hour service which left us on Thursday evening. It is bad service in terms of deliveries being delayed and for that, Trek and myself would like to apologise again. I hope you are soon back on the bike again.

Colin- Trek UK

crikey

That is a textbook example of how a complaint should be dealt with, I see much less competent attempts and I think the good examples should be praised.
    I hope it all gets sorted quickly and to everyone's satisfaction.

Cubed

I am not arguing about the gestures Trek have made or the facts.

The frustration at being told two weeks on the trot that it was in the country. That they were so busy they struggling to get the wheel out of the warehouse. To this weeks that is priroity delivery and still no show.The point is do what you promise to do? And if you can't don't promise what you can't deliver.

I stagger with disbelief.I can send a parcel anywhere in the country tracked for a reasonable fee. Yet trek can't get a rim out of their warehouse on time.

I run a business that relies on my customers being satisfied everytime they use my services. If i was this bad at it – i'd be out of business pretty soon.

Cubed

Oh and by the way here's a good example of good customer service.

Rapha damaged jacket – sent for repair, email confirming reciept, weekly update on status, returned in two weeks, repaired.- and this was for stuff i bought in a sale 2 years ago!!

Wiggle – ordered items, tracked, advised of delivery date, confirmation of order delivery.

Amazon, updates all orders, advises of change of dates for deliveries, tells when parcels on way out, advises of any delays.

Trek – their are serious lessons to be learned here.

Premier Icon rockthreegozy
    Subscriber

Trek UK are at the mercy of their supplier, just like ever other company. Looks like they've done their fair share to try resolve the issue

sniff

They were ace with me with a warranty claim on my fuel – swings and roundabouts

theboatman

So the rim gets delayed; they charge you less than than 25% of the rrp to compensate, you had a replacement wheel offered so you could have carried on riding, and you seem to be making a mountain out of a mole hill, I hope this is the biggest problem life throws your way.

Junkyard

from what I read Trek would get my custom though I may be a touch peeved re time ….they never lied they were let down as well you know. Unless you wanted him to fly to the USA and rob it from the warehouse and come round your house with it really what more do you expect from them?
    Sh1t happens and that sh1t was beyond their control .
    They did their best which was not brilliant but many owrse things happen

Randall

Trek UK have apologised and are gifting you the rim for a tenner – sounds ok to me.

Premier Icon Sanny
    Subscriber

"Trek – their are serious lessons to be learned here"

Do you mean lessons such as "their" being possessive and not the same as "there are"? a pedant writes…… 😆

big_n_daft

Trek – their are serious lessons to be learned here.

hmmmm, that some people will still complain no matter what?

the two companies seem to have been very patient with a PITA customer who refused every attempt to mitigate the problem (but I bet you took the discount)

bassspine

Trek have done right by you IMO.
    They are at full tilt supplying every shop in the country that has ordered bikes, components, tools, helmets, clothing, gloves and tyres under Trek, Wrench Force, Bontrager, Gary Fisher, Lemonde now that easter is approaching and the bike industry is coming out of a long winter.
    You aren't the only one screaming at them for everything NOW, but they got you your wheel and took a financial hit on it.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Oh and by the way here's a good example of good customer service.

Yes, an employee of Trek posting on an internet forum on a Saturday night to reassure you on the situation and explain the delay.
    IME, Trek's customer service is excellent, sounds like an unfortunate set of circumstances in that case.

ianpinder

I love this thread 😆

I'd buy a trek if I wasn't a bike whore/snob

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Trek darkside rant – again’ is closed to new replies.