Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Tree fell on my car at McDonalds how much for a respray?
  • catfood
    Free Member

Slightly odd one, we went to McDonalds today and a tree in their car park fell on my car. Another car took the brunt of it but my car has a dent in the bonnet, as well as scratches to the bonnet, front wings and bumper. It may buff out but if not I think it will probably be a full respray as its quite an old car and I believe paint matching becomes a problem. The manager was very apologetic and said their insurance would pay for it.

I`m away with work for the next few days so cannot get a quote done, the car is an old Audi A8, worth around £1500 – £2000 with a good wind behind it, I reckon a respray may cost more than but I really do not want it written of as I am very fond of it.

We were next to the car at the time and the tree just missed my 5 year old son so put in perspective this is just a tiny inconvenience.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

project
    Free Member

I think youll find the manager is incorrect it was an act of god,unless you can prove the management of the tree was negligent eg decayed or unsafe in some way, claim off your insurance and hope they reclaim off mc d insurance either way youve made a claim and your premium will go up.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Edit.. No got it wrong 😳

catfood
    Free Member

I will go to the local Audi body shop and take it from there. I feel for the bloke whos car took the full brunt, brand new and he works there, I wonder how he will get on.

project
    Free Member

Thats what insurance is for, but a tree isnt usualy insured.

Kryton57

project – Member
    I think youll find the manager is incorrect it was an act of god,unless you can prove the management of the tree was negligent eg decayed or unsafe in some way, claim off your insurance and hope they reclaim off mc d insurance either way youve made a claim and your premium will go up.

Yes and no. McD’s or the managing agent (which could be the council) need to prove the are paying due care and attention to the tree, which would include industry standard inspection and maintenance. If they can’t prove it, their insurance will pay out. There’s many, many cases like this so a precedent is already set also.

bonchance
    Free Member

Well possibly; liable (must generally) = negligent.

A healthy tree bough, falling in a storm – is a hazard which could not be reasonably foreseen?

Doesn’t mean they won’t pay though – good luck!

djglover
    Free Member

Surprised no one has flamed you for taking a 5 year old to McDonalds yet.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Never mind that, let’s cut all the trees down.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Res Ipso Loquitor. (The fact speaks for itself).

A healthy tree wouldn’t just fall under those conditions. The poster is sort of right that there are risk assessment schedules that the management must comply with in inspection of trees in places likely to cause some sort of damage or injury, and failure to comply, or alternatively identify the defective tree in such a survey would be negligent in itself, giving rise to a claim as the civil law tort of negligence has been breeched by a failure of the surveyor in their duty of care.

JCL
    Free Member

McDonalds? Karma.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The worlds gone mad where trees need risk assessment’s

PhilO
    Free Member

I will go to the local Audi body shop and take it from there.

Sound’s like a good way to waste money. I’d ask around and get a recommendation for a good local independent body shop.

(That’s not quite true; I’d just drive it with the dent – a car’s for transport, not a work of art, but YMMV. 😉 )

bearnecessities

car has a dent in the bonnet as well as scratches to the bonnet, front wings and bumper.

*clears throat*

It sounds like the work of a front-quarter pounder.

hora
    Free Member

JCL at least the OP didnt take his kids there(?)

OP do you have forearm tattoo’s and wear your jeans without a belt?

gribble
    Free Member

A life free supply of happy meals.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Can atheists get policies that don’t have ‘act of god’ exclusions ?

hora
    Free Member

Well its an act of nature then.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

What PhilO said.

It’s a £1500 car. No need to spend money on it other than to keep it roadworthy.

Jamie
    Free Member

McDonalds? Karma.

Explain?

bearnecessities

Explain?

Chap makes request for advice.

Thread contains:
    Audis
    McDonalds
    Insurance
    Religion
    Risk-assessments
    Bad parenting
    Tattoos and of course,
    dismiss the chap’s original question with that unmistakable air of self-righteousness.

I really want a McMuffin and a coffee now.

Jamie
    Free Member

On the plus point, at least McDonalds don’t serve Halal.

Amirite folks!

Houns

Hitler!

Well it would’ve ended up there soon enough

wiggles
    Free Member

Spend the compo on coke and hookers

glasgowdan
    Free Member

McDonalds don’t usually have large trees in their grounds, so I assume this is a young/small tree of some kind. Thus I assume it was also staked. Have you got photos? The ground maintenance contractor will include in his spec ‘check tree ties and stakes periodically and also replace any dead or damaged trees’.

This will possibly come down to him, via the McDonalds franchise owner. I would get a quote for the work from a body shop, send it to the branch but also include a ‘settlement’ value, stating that you have a friend who can do it for less for cash. Then don’t bother getting it done and use the cash to buy a bike part!

catfood
    Free Member

No it was a big tree, not staked.

That is kind of my thoughts, not worth spending loads on a £1500 car.

bearnecessities

compo on coke and hookers

hora
    Free Member

Do you have photos of the car insitu with branch on and possibly receipt that you ate there?

No pics? Their insurer may say no proof no case. Understandable really. Simply driving a A8 on 20″ rims with a carbon wrap with forearm tattoos simply proves you are their dem8graphic 😉 😀

catfood
    Free Member

No pics, no tats, no pimp rims.

hora
    Free Member

Tbh with no pics- unless you have a manager who came out/saw the scene and agrees you were there its slim IMO.

catfood
    Free Member

Thats what happened.

natrix
    Free Member

car has a dent in the bonnet as well as scratches to the bonnet, front wings and bumper

It sounds like the work of a front-quarter pounder

😀 Such comedy genius needs reposting 😀

aracer
    Free Member

The branch manager should root out the cause before he leaves.

natrix
    Free Member

Seeing as nobody has answered the OP’s question about how much for a respray, maybe he should ‘log’ on to a car forum 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

On the plus point, at least McDonalds don’t serve Halal.

Amirite folks!

Yes, and consequently God is punishing the apostates that eat there.

cliffyc
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about the paint matching. I had my car fixed on the insurance when I claimed after it has clobbered in work car park. The bodyshop who did it got a better match on the bumper than the factory did (bumper at each end was always lighter shade,plastic vs metal I guess…),the shop had a fancy doohickey that scans the paint with a laser and they used the bodywork to match it.

CountZero

OP do you have forearm tattoo’s and wear your jeans without a belt?

🙄

jag61

got/get a wood burner? there may be some threads about choices and fitting elsewhere on here might offset the repair costs?

konabunny
    Free Member

Fir God’s sake, do some of yew bastards knot got anything better to do than log on and give people stick?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Tree fell on my car at McDonalds how much for a respray?’ is closed to new replies.