Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tredz, Wheelies Direct and Cyclestore.co.uk – opinions?
  • ChrisL

I’m thinking of getting something that’s offered for the same price by these three online shops. As I’ve not used any of them before, what’s the STW opinion of them? I’d want to know that they’re decent before spending money with them!

Cyclestore.co.uk is disadvantaged to begin with by only delivering expensive orders to the cardholder address. I’m not at home during the day so I really need things to be delivered to my work, not my home.

kinda666
    Free Member

Bought a Forme vision road bike from wheelies (eBay shop) came really quickly, and no probs what so ever!

beanieripper
    Free Member

bought a saddle from tredz last week for the other half, was nearly a tenner cheaper then anywhere else.. wasnt in stock and they emailed immediately…but still came in 3 days with free delivery..

colande
    Free Member

tredz have always been good,
    have also visited there shop in cardiff a few times and they have always been helpful aswell.

no experience of the other shops

gazc
    Free Member

bought a helmet and a pair of pedals from cyclestore – they emailed me back the next day to tell me the pedals were now out of stock and offered an alternative which i turned down, but delivery of the helmet was fine. better than jejames who dont tell you its out of stock until you ring up asking where it is!

CraigW
    Free Member

Are Tredz and Wheelies the same company? They both seem to be based in Swansea, and have similar style websites.

I’ve bought a few bits from Tredz anyway. No problems, quick delivery. Note their ebay shop often seems to be cheaper than their website.

Andituk
    Free Member

Think I’ve bought from Tredz and Cyclestore before, both were fine. Bought a bike from the Cyclestore shop too.

falkirk-mark

Got a bike from wheelies direct had to wait for it as they did not have it in stock.no problems though

fandango
    Free Member

Tredz are owned by wheelies. Tredz delivery in my experience is a little tardy and they’re rarely the cheapest.

wallop

I bought my road frame from Tredz earlier this year. I wanted the 2010 model, and ordered it online. They phoned me pretty much straight away and said that, actually, they didn’t have the 2010 model anymore, so would I like the 2011 model instead? I quite happily accepted, as they still only charged me for the 2010 model (which was about 20% cheaper!). Arrived the next day. Would use them again.

ChrisL

The price was the same at all 3 stores. I decided to go with Tredz as they’ll deliver to my work address.

althepal

Used to use wheelies as our bike supplier years ago when
    I worked in insurance.. Bought a lot of stuff off them myself over 2 or 3 years..
    Used mainly cos I got a very good discount but always got great service from them..
    Can’t for the life of me remember who I always dealt with over the phone tho..was a sound bloke tho!!

AlasdairMc

Chris,

Just sent you a message on Facebook.

Al

ChrisL

Update – Tredz emailed me this morning to let me know that they’ll get what I ordered from their supplier on Tuesday and upgraded my delivery for free, so they’re looking good so far. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

cyclestore is good. quick delivery and barginous too.

yossarian
    Free Member

Used tredz a few times, no problems

lunge

Only used Tredz of those 3 and they were fine, quick delivery and cheap.

josemctavish
    Free Member

Used all three, Tredz and Cyclestore were good but Wheelies managed to string out an order for a saddle for nearly 3 months, which was disappointing.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tredz, Wheelies Direct and Cyclestore.co.uk – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.