Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Tredz p*#ss poor stock control ( are tredz the same supplier as sigmasport?)
  • burko73

Trying to get some giro terraduro hv in 43 size

Placed order with tredz last week, in stock on website. Emailed to say they’d take a week to arrive. Thought that is pretty poor these days when most online suppliers can turn someth8ng around in a cou0le of days standard.

Anyway, get an email today to say that they are out of stock and discontinued by the maker?

Sigmasport are showing stock, but the sales front on the website looks just like tredz? Will they just get my order and place an order from the manufacturer as well?

nickjb
    Free Member

I think we have a Tredz stock control thread every 6 months or so. They don’t have a great reputation for delivery what is on the website

burko73

Bloke at sigma said they are noth8ng to do with tredz but also don’t have stock in the shop. At least their website says they will order from manufacturer. He says the manufacturer has stock and there’s only one supplier in the uk. Tredz say no stock?

I’ve ordered a 42.5 from someone else who has a pair in their shop! Will try those and go from there!

I’d buy locally if I could find somewhere who had them who didn’t want more than £50 more than online.

Poopscoop

This is completely normal for Tredz as i found out myself.

darrell
    Free Member

try bike24

IdleJon

I’d buy locally if I could find somewhere who had them who didn’t want more than £50 more than online.

But you don’t seem to be able to get them online at the cheaper price?

spooky_b329

They are horrendous, 1 order made 6/12 was pushed out to 30/1/18, and another via their ebay account was pushed from 6/12 to 14/12 and didn’t bother to split the order, I’d already rung a couple of times. And the ebay order they were emailing updates direct to avoid been penalised by ebay for slow delivery.

I will never use them again!

13thfloormonk

+1 for avoid Tredz!

However Sigmasport have been all good for me so far, and carry some interesting stock for the amateur bike fitting enthusiast 8)

burko73

I called sigmasport and the bloke on the phone was helpful.

Idlejon – good idle baiting there…. tredz were the first people i tried. I’ve tried again with someone else, we’ll see how I get on. I may have to eat my words but fingers crossed.

chestrockwell

Not really had a problem with tredz to be fair. Ordered some Thule stuff that arrived quickly and was the cheapest on the net. I then recently bought some Hope brakes from them only to be told they were on order from the supplier and would be with me within 10 days from memory. They were and I was kept up to date along the way.

Oh, and they seem to send me £10 off vouchers every time I buy something big. They seem as reliable as any of the others to me.

jblewi
    Free Member

I’d buy locally if I could find somewhere who had them who didn’t want more than £50 more than online the reccomended retail price.

Fixed that for you.

lorax

I’ve had recent dealings with Sigma Sport where I had to call them up because I’d ordered the wrong thing. The bloke couldn’t have been more helpful, and the amended order came through quickly. I’ll definitely use them again.

jonnyboi

The trick with tredz is not to buy anything that you need urgently. Other than that you can get stuff at decent prices from them

salad_dodger

Sigma are my new favourite site for online buying. Bought lots during October, November & December and everything ordered arrived very quickly. Returns were dealt with quickly too so I’m a happy customer.

Watty

Sigma are my new favourite site for online buying. Bought lots during October, November & December and everything ordered arrived very quickly. Returns were dealt with quickly too so I’m a happy customer.

+1 Very professional outfit, plus they’ll price match.

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve tried to buy things from Tredz a number of times but without exception their website has lied that things were available and then they’ve cancelled the order. I don’t even bother looking at them now.

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, Tredz… I’ve bought a few things from them and not had an out-of-stock issue. I got my MTB at a fantastic price from them, so can’t really knock em. And they replaced parts under warranty without issue when needed (frame! and dropper post!). However there were some niggly things with the warranty issues, but only minor really.
    I’d definitely take advantage of their discounts to buy another bike from them. Especially when this years bikes are reduced!

IdleJon

Idlejon – good idle baiting there…. tredz were the first people i tried. I’ve tried again with someone else, we’ll see how I get on. I may have to eat my words but fingers crossed.

😆 Good luck. (Genuinely!)

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Ordered something from Tredz a few months ago and took an age to come. Swore I’d never use them again but like an idiot I forgot and ordered something last week. I got an email about 3 days after ordering saying they will be despatched in a week. Cancelled the order.

I wish I’d done a search on here before ordering, it would have saved a lot of grief. I’ve got a Post-It note on my PC now reminding me about Tredz.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Utter cr@p basically, I never order from them having been bitten by it too many times to count. If it says in stock and you’re wrong then own up to it, don’t just not email me! Then don’t expect me to wait twice for you to get it in stock. Even if they were half the price I wouldn’t use them again.

mahalo

i bought a new stem from them on Monday. alarm bells should have rang when they were the only place on the webiverse to have stock!! the website clearly said ‘in stock’ in big green letters but its not been dispatched yet, which is no surprise after reading this thread – maybe should have searched ‘tredz’ on here beforehand!

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I bought a bike of them and had to send the rear wheel back under warranty.

I had an absoute catalogue of errors which took 3 months to resolve. Eventually they rebuilt the wheel with a new rim. It was dished so badly that it wouldn’t fit in my frame when I got it back. I had to get it rebuilt at the LBS. It was also built so badly that it wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes anyway.

They told me lie after lie during the 3 months they had my wheel and eventually admited that they “lost it for a while and wondered whose wheel was sat in the back of their container”.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever

EVER will go near them again.

EVER

mahalo

In all fairness they have delivered this time, literally.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I rarely have issues with them. Yes sometimes the stock doesn’t match up to the distributor stock (many sites don’t hold all stock, but they quote what the distributor tells them, which sometimes is wrong). Have been let down before but then had a lot of great deals also. Much like Wiggle.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Tredz p*#ss poor stock control ( are tredz the same supplier as sigmasport?)’ is closed to new replies.