treatment for sore lady parts?

Home Forum Bike Forum treatment for sore lady parts?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • treatment for sore lady parts?
  • mark90

Massage? 😉

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

Front bum? I get that too.

If it’s really bad a salty bath might help (no boys, that’s not a euphemism….). Other than that, the only words of wisdom I can offer are that it doesn’t usually last long.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

sudocrem – for everybody’s parts, even the cat’s !

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

(no boys, that’s not a euphemism….)

😀

Jamie

any cures or tips….

I would assume a tip is the last thi[NOPE!-MODS]

the only words of wisdom I can offer are that it doesn’t usually last long.

Look, Ton may be advancing in years, but he’s not in that bad shape!

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

Germolene. Sudocreme if not.

acehtn

Maybe another saddle, or try and find a local shop that can fit a saddle to the person or has a test service.

WTB did try before you buy, and Spesh body geo most likely at a Spesh main dealer may be of interest if it’s a saddle thing.

hora
    WBC

Large glass of wine and a bar of Galaxy. Route of administration your choice.

glupton1976

You could numb it. 😉

epo-aholic

i really can’t believe what i’m reading! lol 😯

crikey

Pile loads of unscented moisturising cream on.

Where did you get to ton?

I did a quick loop over to Huddersfield then into the wind back to Saddleworth to watch the Yanks parade. Did you make it that far?

Houns

Kiss it better

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

I did a quick loop over to Huddersfield then into the wind back to Saddleworth to watch the Yanks parade. Did you make it that far?

Was it good?
    Would have loved to have popped over but working all day today.
    We saw the Dakota flying over towards you as I was up on the tops near Rawtenstall.

And hearty congrats to Mrs Ton on her first 30 miler.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Flap Jacky has all the answers.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

crikey…..we made it to the motormans café, then did a u turn to the riverhead…..the wind killed the wife….she did well tho, 30 mile into the wind…not bad for a granny………;o)

crikey

The drag from Marsden over the top was a bit tiresome, but you missed a proper village treat; there were so many folk there I had to buy two pints at once!

sleepless

Tiger balm….

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

30 odd miles of pennine hills have left Mrs Ton a little bit tender, it is the furthest she has ridden.

any cures or tips from the lady members of the forum?

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber
    mjsmke

Ice cream -to be eaten not applied to any sore parts. Unless that’s your kinda thing….

A girl I used to know kept her Sudocrem in the fridge for post ride application!

havinalaff

Am very surprised no one has asked for pictures…..

Am very surprised glad no one has asked for pictures…..

Sue_W

Ton – some boringly sensible advice (no funny innuendo’s but maybe more useful for Mrs Ton!)

Depends on what type of tenderness?

Feeling bruised? Rest, avoid pressure, and check saddle type and position (for ladies a softer / padded saddle can cause more bruising to soft tissue in the genital area as the riders weight doesn’t rest on the sit bones – a bigger problem for girls than boys)

If the tenderness is due to inflamed / chaffed tissue be very careful to make sure an infected cyst or saddle sore doesn’t develop. Bathe the area with hot salty water or a proper medicinal antibacterial wash. Keep it dry and aired – the best way to do this is to not wear underwear or tight clothing for a few days / week.

Hope it doesn’t put her off riding 🙂

sargey

Next ride put the saddle on.

Premier Icon Clover
    Subscriber

In the absence of anything else, reapply chamois butter.

Sore bits seems to be unrelated to saddle cushioning but more to position. I always seem ok on a mtb but road bikes can get me. I think it’s partly saddle shape and partly position – borrowed a bike with frame size 1cm bigger than my usual ride (which has a Charge Spoon boys saddle that I’ve never even noticed I was sitting on). 20 miles in I realise it’s not as comfy as my bike with 20 miles to go… by 10 miles to go I was standing wherever possible. I think being stretched out rolls your pelvis forward and you’re not sitting on your sit bones as much and more on softer tissue. Ow!

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

she did well tho, 30 mile into the wind…not bad for a granny

Am very surprised no one has asked for pictures…..

You are Wayne Rooney and I claim my five pounds.

I bet she’s dead chuffed you shared this with everyone !!!!

iolo

How did shes get sore boobs riding a bike?

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

Mart……she is married to me… 😉

Sue W, bruised rather than chaffed/raw.
    she used sudocream last night and said it seemed to work a bit.
    we are going to source her a new specialized body geo saddle later today.
    the one on her bike is a pretty soft generic giant one that came on the bike.

cheers.

allthegear

Making notes for when I get back into longer rides…

Rachel

FuzzyWuzzy

Bruising is all about prevention + body adapting rather than cure so checking out the saddle/shorts for next time is what you need.

boblo

Agree, Mrs Boblo does massive mileages on the back of the tandem. After a layoff, she’ll get bruising/tenderness from a saddle that is usually comfortable and has over 25k miles on it.

Time, mileage and Sudocreme are what’s needed (assuming Mrs Ton’s saddle is right in the first place).

prawny

Houns beat me to it 😆

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘treatment for sore lady parts?’ is closed to new replies.