Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • TREATED MYSELF TO A BATH!
  • wheelsonfire1

Now then, the title doesn’t mean I’m unclean, just that in the present circumstances baths have to be justified. Fire service pension, high energy prices and the desire to help the survival of the human race are “push factors”, and, a grandson. Usually, if we’re not showering, my wife will have a bath and then I’ll jump in after. This is because by the nature of my “activities” I have a significantly higher dirt index. At the moment my wife isn’t bathing, before you all jump to conclusions, this is because she’s had a shoulder replacement and getting in a bath is dodgy. We managed a shower yesterday if anyone is concerned! Which leads me to.. what is your treat of the moment?

blokeuptheroad

I like a bath to luxuriate in occasionally. I’ve considered jumping in after the missus but she shaves her legs in there!  I’m oot!

Electric blankets switched on half an hour before going to bed is my current fave.  Massive morale booster on a cold winter night!

fossy

Doing a roast in the oven. It’s currently full of food.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrT
    Free Member

Our smart meter can’t connect to the gas meter so whilst I can see the cost of a electric shower, as the bath cost doesn’t show surely that means it was free?

zilog6128

Our smart meter can’t connect to the gas meter so whilst I can see the cost of a electric shower, as the bath cost doesn’t show surely that means it was free?

good point. Love a beer in the bath listening to a podcast 😂, absolutely no idea how much one costs these days though! (Just googled it, between 50p and a quid maybe? Worth it 😀)

We’re having a smart meter installed next month, I assumed it would work for gas as well but maybe not?

DickBarton

Shower, but I love a bath and miss them…

gordimhor

TREATED MYSELF TO A BATH

You lucky lucky bar steward, I live in a shower only house 😉

between 50p and a quid maybe? Worth it 😀)

Oh how I wish that was the price of beer🍺😁

dyna-ti

Showers here. I love sitting in it, in fact i can spend nearly an hour taking a single shower.

Oddly enough I also like sitting in the rain.

pk13

Yup it’s a bath and radox salts for luxury, shower is limited to one song on the phone now I even turn it off to soap up so 4mins ish.
    More to stick two fingers up octopus energy and Putin.
    I’ve been trying to cut down on consumer greed so it’s all good.

Bunnyhop

Treat of the moment – handmade chocolates from a local lady. She is starting to make some really boozy flavours ready for the festive season, I don’t drink alcohol, so it’s a way of getting my ‘fix’.
    They are worth every penny but expensive to buy, meaning I have one a day.
    Drool.

wheelsonfire1

My bath cost 43pence according to the smart meter but the daily charge is 33.6pence So if I don’t use any it still costs, how do people cope? I’m now “treating” us both to Strictly oven chips. Not the retirement we envisaged, but at least we’re not getting shelled and bombed. Yet.

fettlin

Electric bottom sheet on in bed is the business!

Half hour before bed it comes on, just lovely to climb in to. Mrs has her side on higher than mine because she runs cold, means we don’t have to have the healing on upstairs which is a bonus.

jimw
    Free Member

My treat at present is a small glass of Caol Ila once or twice a week. The bottle should last till Christmas.

wheelsonfire1

@jimw what is that? If a tot a night is good it must be special!

CheesybeanZ

Shower – head down to toe , all dirt sweat washed straight down the drain, bath – face n arse all washed in the same water 😕

wheelsonfire1

And. Bugger, so excited after having a bath I’ve just burnt myself on the Remoska. Another energy saving scheme!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My treat at present is a small glass of Caol Ila once or twice a week. The bottle should last till Christmas.

jimw wins the thread. It’s one of my faves too. I’m partial to a bit of Bunnahabhain 12 as well.

wheelsonfire1

But what is it? Without searching I’ve not a clue and feel like I’m missing out!

slowoldman

Doing a roast in the oven. It’s currently full of food.

Cougar

Coincidentally, I had my first bath in ages last night also. I’ve been under the weather for a few days, a stomach bug followed by a cold, so a good soak was just the ticket.

I’ve considered jumping in after the missus but she shaves her legs in there! I’m oot!

I learned this the hard way with an ex. I had a reaction to it, my back felt like I’d fallen in a pile of fibreglass. I always ask now.

But what is it?

It’s a rather nice whisky.

[also, insert “White Hole” quotes here]

tomtomthepipersson

A spliff and a glass of red wine.

alpineharry
    Free Member

We’re having a smart meter installed next month, I assumed it would work for gas as well but maybe not?

Ours does, we’re on a fixed tariff from 2020 so making the most of it. Handy to get a rough idea but can then multiply 10 fold for when june comes round and we have to change tariff.

mogrim

Shower only in this house. I can perhaps understand a Japanese style bath where you shower first, then soak, but the traditional British style soak-in-your-own-dirt style bath??? Yuk. And getting in after someone else??? What is this, the 70s again?

doomanic

Having a day off and actually doing nothing. Bliss.

sanername

Whisky in the bath FTW

Some asshat uploaded my film to YouTube, but enjoy it while Dr. Google decides whether they’re going to take it down or not.

thenorthwind

I used to occasionally treat myself to a bath, once in a blue moon. I’d lie there for a while, either in my own filth, or wondering why I was bothering, trying to read a book without getting it soggy, and thinking about whether it was time to change position so the cold bits of me could have a turn in the lukewarm water, or whether I could justifiably get out yet. Eventually I’d pull the plug, and after it had drained, or when I found sitting in an emptying bath unbearably weird, I’d clean the filth/soap sediment off myself and the bath with the shower.

Now I just cut out the middleman, have a shower, and go read a book somewhere comfortable.

mattsccm
    Free Member

As the OP. Normally wife has evening bath for at least 10 seconds the I jump in for an hour with several books , a hot chocy or a beer for an hour or more. Tonight she is in Poole, I am home in FoD with 6+ pints. I had a proper bath with bubbles! Not flat beer type water. . 7 pints actually.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Why do showers leave you wetter than an hours bath? IE more drying needed.

drlex
    Free Member

Some asshat uploaded my film to YouTube, but enjoy it while Dr. Google decides whether they’re going to take it down or not.

I enjoyed it when it came out – props to you for getting it made; can’t think that pitching it was easy. When’s The Crow slated for release?

timber

Shower is over bath so I can get clean before deciding whether to kick the plug in and have a bath and avoid sitting in my own filth.
    Rarely bother though, 5 year old has no qualms about gate crashing a bath.

colournoise

What is this, the 70s again?

Give things another month or two and I reckon we might prove it’s actually possible to travel back in time, yes.

But this isn’t another STW politics thread, so, as you were…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.