Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Treadmill
  • surfer
    Free Member

Hi All

As a rufty tufty outdoors guy there is seldom anything that stops me from doing what I like most and that is running outdoors in any conditions. However…….

Mrs Surfer likes to run but seldom runs in the evenings and has little chance to run during daylight hours. I would seldom use a treadmill but I may use it occasionally particularly to rehab after the current running injury and maybe add a few extra short runs if I ever get injury free.

In short if we had one it would see a fair amount of use so its worth getting a half decent one that goes up to 10 mph and has an incline feature. Budget up to around £1500 – £2000

Any recommendations???

johndoh
    Free Member

Get one with a sprung base and get it from Ebay.

MSP

If I was looking for a treadmill right now, it would probably be one of the curved self propelled ones and preferably with zwift compatibility. Although seeing as they have removed the motor they seem rather expensive, not sure if there are any in your price range.

Something like this https://www.titaniumstrength.co.uk/titanium-strength-commercial-curved-treadmill.html

surfer
    Free Member

Ye they seem to be £5k +

boblo
    Free Member

Too many ‘seldoms’. C- see me 🙃

boblo
    Free Member

More helpfully… I’d buy one secondhand as a lot are purchased then used as clothes horses… I picked up a £2k one for peanuts when our own £2k one expired due to non-availability of spares. You could also get an ex pro gym one but that’s more of a lottery as they may have been hammered by the couchto5k brigade…

surfer
    Free Member

oo many ‘seldoms’. C- see me 🙃

🙂

I’d buy one secondhand as a lot are purchased then used as clothes horses… I picked up a £2k one for peanuts when our own £2k one expired due to non-availability of spares. You could also get an ex pro gym one but that’s more of a lottery as they may have been hammered by the couchto5k brigade…

Agree its like any of these purchases, would I benefit from warranty etc knowing I will be the only keeper against a significant cost saving….

boblo
    Free Member

The problem is long term availability of spares.

If you buy a ‘home gym’ version, they’re updated regularly to keep step with the vagaries of the domestic market. They’re cheaper to buy initially and (probably) won’t go wrong until they’re older/out of warranty due to the lower mileage domestic users do. By that time, you may not be able to get spares as they refresh the models frequently.

If you buy a pro gym version, you might be able to get spares longer term but they’re more expensive new or perhaps riskier secondhand.

At least a low mileage domestic jobbie is effectively throw away if you can’t get spares as they’re very low £££’s to buy secondhand.

701arvn
    Free Member

The Titanium Strength one comes up at £2395 (on offer), for me – odd.

johndoh
    Free Member

BTW, this is like the one my wife has (she hates running outdoors, I hate treadmills so never use it).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roger-Black-Gold-Motorised-Treadmill-Running-Machine/303751426271?hash=item46b8fef0df:g:Ci4AAOSwonZfoWfA

It has been bombproof for over five years (we bought it from Ebay for about £120 IIRC) but it doesn’t have the sprung base my wife would really like.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Treadmill’ is closed to new replies.