Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Tread turnover
  • Harry_the_Spider

Just bumped a 16 hour old thread off the bottom by posting this.

Is this place going tits up?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I  can’t post memes……………so kinda pointless now.
    If there was a way to delete my account I probably would  and would just lurk from afar.

funkmasterp

It does seem very quiet at the moment.

spekkie
    Free Member

I enjoy browsing around on here but, as I said in the thread of the same name, “STW is killing my Laptop”.

no fun in grinding along like I’m on dial-up – with the laptop fan doing its nut and all my other apps “not responding”

roger_mellie

Prob more noticeable as well since mobile seems to show fewer posts per page now (is that right or am I imagining that?). Who can be bothered to click to page 2*

*winky emoji

senorj

If I was singletracktech I would be looking over my shoulder.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Would have to agree. I’m not on half as much as I was since the new upgrade. Progress, it is not.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m trying to keep the faith, but I’m contributing less than I used to.

I only came to this one thinking it was about tyres.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Harry’s gone oirish.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve been posting less recently, partly because I am very busy at work and don’t really get a chance during the day. The dreadful mess of the changes on here have accelerated that, because if I want to deal with the affects of bad software I could go and do my day job.

Then I came on here, asked an utterly obscure question and was generously helped by a forum member. Where else could you ask for the correct translations of categories of cow used in germany and actually get an answer ? It was a great reminder of the value of this place.

I really hope that a finger or two gets pulled out, and that we return to a workable forum as soon as possible, before what makes this place excellent – the users – slip away.

funkmasterp

Steady on cranberry. Resorting to torture is a tad harsh 😱

cranberry
    Free Member

Whatever it takes to get the job done.

😉

( for the flakey, torture is, very often bad, and not good, because it is bad )

And actually, if you find that taking your finger out of your bottom _is_ torture, perhaps see a doctor.

Or trim and file your fingernails.

Gunz
    Free Member

It seems to be working just as it always did for me, am I missing something (although I find it a bit harder to find threads I’ve previously commented on)?

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

It seems to be working just as it always did for me, am I missing something (although I find it a bit harder to find threads I’ve previously commented on)?

How is that done these days? I can get links to topics I’ve started, and I can see posts I’ve made on topics I didn’t start.

I’m damned if I can find a way of going to (or finding the name of) topics I’ve posted in but didn’t start – short of googling my own post which seems a bit… clunky, to say the least.

tthew

I’m damned if I can find a way of going to (or finding the name of) topics I’ve posted in but didn’t start

If you go to that list of the posts you’ve made, right down at the bottom of the individual post, next to where it says Posted X days ago there’s a little #. Click that.

It’s been asked in threads, I suppose it might have been talked about in the New Forum mega sticky, but not actually promoted properly. .

JoeG
    Free Member

New forum is now live, so hopefully things will return to normal soon. If you’re reading this, then you see it…

jimjam
    Free Member

What does this do?

jimjam
    Free Member

hmmm.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Maybe…..

myti
    Free Member

Maybe

Ahhh….

DickBarton

As things have changed, it won’t be ‘returning’ to normal…this is the new normal and we need to adapt to the change.

I like it, still has a few issues, but it does seem to be better than what was there before.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

It looks better and everything seems to be working but it’s glacially slow.

cranberry
    Free Member

The new layout is nice- clear to read on a pc ( not tried it on the phone so far )

sirromj

prefer apple & cinnmon.

Gunz
    Free Member

I now see the changes and take back my favourable comment from before, it’s now really slow.  Oh well I can’t be bothered going anywhere else.

bodgy
    Free Member

Oh, I see; you’re talking about the forum.

For a moment there I thought somebody was actually talking about bikes.

bodgy
    Free Member

Is everyone finding the site slow? Thought it was just my mac.

rOcKeTdOg

working fine on an out of date windows PC

jimjam
    Free Member

How much do you want for it?

Cougar

It’s slow.  It’s being worked on.

I’m closing this thread now as it’s another duplicate of discussions going on elsewhere.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Tread turnover’ is closed to new replies.