Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • travelling to the usa esta question
  • mav12
    Free Member

just filled in the etsa for a trip to the usa, one of the questions was are you travelling on to another country which we are,but we are staying for 3 days in Alaska so I said yes , it then greys out the boxes of where you are staying in the states, not sure now whether this means are you travelling on right away and i should have answered no, anyone come across this ,

munrobiker
    Free Member

It means are you having a layover/stop at the US airport before flying to your final destination (e.g. London>LA>Sydney).

Also, Alaska isn’t another country, it’s the US.

br
    Free Member

Didn’t it say ‘directly’ travelling on?

theotherjonv

Not sure whether you mean you have a flight stopover in the US to start with, on the way to somewhere else and and then are coming back (to Alaska) for 3 days later. Or the Alaska bit is first.

If the former – you’re right, but you should get on a computer while away and update your ESTA so your return to the US where you stay is then covered.
    If the latter; go in and amend it now.

The ESTA is valid for multiple trips over the two years and you can amend as often as you need.

mav12
    Free Member

didn’t say directly on we are staying 3 days in Alaska then on to Vancouver

MrNice
    Free Member

is the travel plans bit compulsory now? I’ve never completed it and never had problems getting in (10+ trips since esta was introduced)

mav12
    Free Member

this is the question

Travel Information

Is your travel to the US occurring in transit to another country?

Yes

think I have made a foupar

theotherjonv

A what?

Oh, a faux pas 😉

Go in and change it, no biggy. i used to make several trips a year to the US, many destinations and you can amend the ESTA as often as you like.

toby1

Could be worse I made a typo on my wifes passport number and had to buy a new one at the checkin desk (via my phone) in Heathrow, she’s a bit of a nervous flyer, so this really went down well!

Their website is also particularly tedious to use I find.

mav12
    Free Member

wont let me change anything other than my email address

theotherjonv

I just went here:

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/application.html?execution=e2s1

clicked on check existing application

put in my details

and it let me edit anything I wanted to, including residence while in US, etc.

scuttler

Have you ever been convicted of moral turpitude?

mav12
    Free Member

tried that link but it will only let me update my email, ill try an ring them in a bit

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘travelling to the usa esta question’ is closed to new replies.