Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • travelling to America – Visa Waiver forms
  • Gooner
    Free Member

i am travelling to costa rica in a couple of weeks and have to change planes/wait in new york for a few hours
    as i am only in amaerica “in transit” do i need to apply for a visa waiver form?
    if i do do i need to apply for another one also for my trip back from costa rica which is also via new york

ps if you have nt seen one its wirth having a look at the questions eg,

Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage; or in terroist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were you involved; in any way in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies ?

thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You also have to put UK rather than the full title. Clearly ‘merkins can’t read properly, loik.

psychle
    Free Member

Hi gooner,

VERY IMPORTANT!!! you need to visit a website and complete the online application, otherwise you ain’t going to be allowed to board your plane. your travel agent should have advised you of this (I’m a travel agent myself 🙂 )

Here’s what we advise our customers:

“Traveller’s to the US under the Visa Waiver Programme will now have to apply in advance of travel for a travel authority using ESTA website https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov Once granted, a travel authority is valid for two years. Before each new trip to theUS, traveller’s must update their travel plans and address details via the ESTA website.

For those passengers transiting in the US you will also need to apply.

It is the individual travellers responsibility to make the application and to ensure that you have a valid travel authority before travel. At present Intrepid Travel will not be able to identify passengers eligibility for ESTA travel authorisation.

Passengers should apply for a travel authority at least 72 hours before departure. In usual circumstances a response (ESTA granted or denied) is given in seconds. For a small minority of passengers the decision will take up to 72 hours. Currently there is no fee to apply for a travel authorization.

The Visa Waiver Program allows foreign nationals from certain countries to travel to the United States for business or pleasure, for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. For more information please visit: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

Have fun in Costa Rica 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

psychle, when did that come in? I was in the US twice in the last months of last year and didn’t have to register in advance, just filled it out on the plane.

psychle
    Free Member

12th of January it came into effect.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know! Am poss due back in Seattle some time soon!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Cap’nFH, guess you must work for either Microsoft or Boeing then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cap’nM, nope.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘travelling to America – Visa Waiver forms’ is closed to new replies.