Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Travelling on a plane with a power meter?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

So, further to my last post, that I can’t put my Favero Assioma Pedals to sleep, how have people transported their power meters before now?

They automatically sleep after a period of non movement, but they flash when they are active which might worry some airport baggage person somewhere?

Hand luggage or hold luggage?

whitestone
    Free Member

The batteries in them might be a problem – I’ve had batteries confiscated from hold luggage, current rules are that they should be in carry-on luggage presumably if they catch fire then there’s someone on hand to put the fire out. This might be lithium batteries only but given how airlines and airports interpret the rules it’s usually better to err on the side of caution.

I’d go with hand luggage, put them in a bag that lets them be visually inspected and put that in the top of your main bag so if you are asked to explain then it’s easy to get them out for the security personnel to look at.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Good point Whitestone!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TiRed

I’d take them off and put them in hand luggage anyway – it’s only an 8mm allen key to take with you.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ok, yeah, hand luggage sounds a good plan.  There will be tools at the destination, so Allen key not needed.

julzm
    Free Member

I just travelled with my garmin vector 3s still attached to my bike8n the bike box. It wasn’t a problem. It also has an integrated battery for the di2 – no problems with either.

djglover
    Free Member

Took my Favero Bepro in the hold, had no idea this wasn’t advised. The still work perfectly 🤔

TiRed

I’d still take a small 8 mm Allen key. Mission critical tool as you won’t get far on a bike with no pedals!  No torque requirements makes it a trivial installation. My uno has been on four different bikes this week!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Travelling on a plane with a power meter?’ is closed to new replies.