Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Travel mug with narrow bottom – any recommendations?
  • b230ftw
    Free Member

Just got a brand new car and the cup holders are quite narrow – think drinks car size – and my current mug is too wide (but a normal size) – any recommendations for narrow based ones?

lunge

Not sure how narrow narrow is, but my CamelBak Forge is 6.5cm diameter. Cracking mug and if it ever dies I’ll replace it with another.

a11y

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DP5F8LT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 – that fits in my skinny cup holders in my car, replacing a fatter/stubbier cup.

angrycat
    Free Member

Morrisons stainless steel travel mug with handle 400ml – base diameter is about 65mm £3

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thermos – narrow bottom and doesn’t leak either.

The base is actually 63mm (doesn’t give the base diameter in the description).

Cougar

Will this fit?

Singletrack Bamboo Coffee Cup

Just measured mine, the base is 55mm in diameter (though obviously then tapering out).

joshvegas
    Free Member

Our Singletrack coffee cup is made from bamboo. Yes, really! Not even plastic! It is super smooth and easily cleaned. It comes with a silicone lid and heat grip. When … Continue reading

I’m not having a dig at stw specifically. But I have broken two of those style. The recyclable bit isn’t that tough… Or replaceable and reasonable cost.

So I now have silicone bits to throw away.

marksnook
    Free Member

I have one called rcup, although they changed the name to circular and Co. It’s made from recycled stuff and you can buy individual parts for it should it break. Keeps tea hot and doesn’t spill when it’s upside down. Has a push to open/close lid.
    Just measured base and it’s 65mm

nixie

I also have an rcup. It fits only one of the 3 cup holders in our Zoe (annoyingly the one behind the hand brake)! Find the the Mk7 Golf though.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Will this fit?

It’s not insulated, nor sealed properly so not really very useful to me I’m afraid.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Just checked, 65mm is too wide. I need to measure the car but 55 might fit.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Found this – https://uk.alessi.com/products/caffa-travel-mug – bit fancy but Amazon reviews seem to say they are narrow at the bottom.
    I know its expensive but I’ve got a couple of Alessi things and they last forever, one item we were bought for our wedding 16 years ago and it still looks brand new.

blokeuptheroad

Sir needs a Bubba insulated travel mug.  I’ve had an earlier version of the one in the link for about 6 or 7 years and it’s great.  Fits the narrow cup holders in my car, but holds loads.

Neb

The Nespresso insulated mugs are very narrow at the bottom, perfect for our little fiat Panda. I think we’re on our 3rd or 4th as no other mug will fit.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just checked, 65mm is too wide. I need to measure the car but 55 might fit.

Are you sure that’s not the ciggy lighter 12v port?
    😉

b230ftw
    Free Member

I see your point, I need to measure it. It’s weirdly narrow (2022 Skoda Octavia).
    My current mug is a 68mm one and it doesn’t fit at all.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Another option is an adapter to make the cupholder bigger. I’ve seen them on Amazon I think. Also seen people 3D print them to get an exact fit for what they need.

Cougar

Another option is an adapter to make the cupholder bigger.

Random thought: I once had – I can’t remember now, might’ve been the Vectra, doesn’t really matter – a car with ridiculously small cup holders. It really wasn’t obvious and it took me a couple months to spot it, but it had a plastic insert which you could remove to make them bigger. Obviously I’ve no idea what you drive but it might be worth double-checking?

andrewreay

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Travel mug with narrow bottom – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.